Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I envy those who live in free states where their favorite LGS have Ruger reps visiting for "Ruger Days" or hold Hickok45 meet-and-greet days.
I occasionally check Ruger Events but it does not have anything scheduled in Kalifornia.

Perhaps, I stay too much in front of the computer in my mom's basement that I rarely see events like this in the central valley:
https://www.facebook.com/outdoorsportsmanstore/photos/pcb.1031074376927295/1031074100260656/?type=1&theater

It must have been a highly successful staging of last year's 1st ever expo to deserve a repeat this year. I will surely be there!

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think it was back in March 2015 Hickok45 visited a local gun shop. It was unbelievable how many people showed up to see him. He was easy to spot because he's rather tall and thin and loves to talk guns. He was also very patient. Lots of folks wanted their picture taken with him. He makes a lot of the local gun shows, machine gun days at Knob Creek, local gun shops, etc. Most folks have watched enough of his videos that they just kind of feel they know him. Seems like a good guy.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Out of the 56 listed on that link, none are in Texas. That just ain't right.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
Go and buy a new gun! Support the gun industry and thumb your nose at Sacramento at the same time! Take photos and brag about your brazen exercise of liberty here! Go!!!

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not interested in any of the guns featured on the poster but will be on the lookout for unadvertised specials. Otherwise, I'll be at the used guns counter.
Last year was so much fun. First 200 customers received a free hat from the LGS. There were hourly drawings and by the time I left, two guys had already each won a gun.
Coolest factory reps came from Beretta, arriving in a truck that looks like this:

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First 250 customers get a free hat. I arrived 30 minutes after the store opened and it's already packed with people.
First hourly raffle at 10am, unlike last year when only one person won every drawing, I think at least five won a bag of goodies but one real lucky winner won a pistol.
The deals:
Taurus 85 ultra light $244 (almost sold out before 11AM)
Bersa Firestorm $249
Springfield XD $399
The DPMS Oracle on sale for $479 was the one that I seriously considered and I lingered in the store thinking about it. I came home with only a pink earmuff for the wife and two boxes of 22WMR.
All in all, it was a great day for outdoor enthusiasts in the area.
I'm sure this LGS will have their Black Friday deals. I know what I want for my next gun after fondling one handgun from the various factory reps displays: a Beretta M9. It just felt right in my hand. Now, let's see if a Ruger new product sweepstakes will make me change my mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts