Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The Perp needs to be give Bob Costas home address, and a map to that location.

In California the Homeowner would be bracing himself for a lawsuit claiming "He Used the THREAT of Excessive Force" to detain the "Perp"

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very sensible way to handle the situation. Mission accomplished and noone got hurt.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
In California the Homeowner would be bracing himself for a lawsuit claiming "He Used the THREAT of Excessive Force" to detain the "Perp"
In my city (in California) the homeowner would have been arrested for holding the gun on someone, even though he was a burglar.
The cops would claim he used excessive force, brandished a firearm, and that he had no right to use a gun to detain a poor harmless thief who was just trying to leave...

And he would also have been charged with another crime because apparently his young son also had a firearm trained on Moore.
The homeowner would be lucky if our local cops didn't shoot him to death in his front yard... that's typically how they react here to the sight of a gun in anyone's hands.

Still, I think this is a great resolution, and appropriate in Texas.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I do so love a happy ending.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
In NJ you have to let a burglar flee as you can only use deadly force or threat if you are in imminent danger and the courts have said a fleeing person is no longer a danger.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
bwinters said:
In NJ you have to . . . . . . .
Gee, I wonder if that's why this is about TEXAS?

The incident is, at least to me, the personification of doing things correctly.
~ BG is apprehended, without having anything but his pride hurt
~ Homeowner is happy
~ LE is happy
~ No one was shot
~ Homeowner can go back to bed and sleep well

HUMM, sounds like a perfect ending to what could have been a bad situation. :D

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I can't believe the trespassing intruder didn't get shot while he was in the house. The intruder was very lucky to live another day. I would not have followed him outside though. An unlocked "open door" policy for friends is goofy and asking for problems. Anyone who needs sanctuary for the night could call or knock to be let in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts