Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Count Ursunk
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my first overalls yestiddy.....been lookin atum for years but couldnt bring myself to even tryin on. Let me tell ya....they wear great !!!. Just gotta find the best way to get in and out of um.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
love them! you can hid a p90 in the front pocket and probably a j snub in the chest pocket.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Up here we wear them all the time in the winter. Walls or Carhartt, as they really help in keeping the cold out and the heat in.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The only thing 'bout 'em is if'n you get the squirts, they're kinda slow to deal with :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't even have any now but as a pipe fitter I wore them most of the time in winter to keep warmer and a good bit of the time in Summer. Some of the places we had to crawl in and the things we worked with they helped keep a lot of stuff off the skin. In Summer with a T shirt they make nice casual wear. Might look at a new pair myself:)
Baker

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Have a couple pear. I really like what I wear now. Loose fitting Jeans with suspenders. Elastic won't last in the suspenders you buy, so I had the
belt maker that makes my belts make me a pair of leather one. Got a pair of Carharts that I wear if I going to be walking through he briers. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yep, bibbies are the best all around wear of choice for coalminers underground. Warm, easy to move in and lots of pockets. And sheepdog is right again, watch those "spenders".

·
Count Ursunk
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always saw old folks wearin um when I was a little tike. Old folks.....they knew what was comfortable.You have to learn how to adjust them thangs. I learned the hard way that you dont slide across the seat when gettin out of the truck. It dont take but one time before you realize this. Had to go early this mornin and finally figured out what to do whith the shoulder straps..... just in time!!!!.....Didnt they make a flap on the rear at one time for this ?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
snarski, that was btrumanj who warned us to watch where our floppers end up...and taught me a new word, he did...I had to look up galluses...then, last night on a Bonnie and Clyde documentary, I heard an old timer say "Clyde would just sit there with his thumbs in his galluses...." and I knew what he meant!!! Learn something new every day...NEVER before have I heard that word....

·
Registered
842 Posts
sheepdog, you never heered(as the old men used to say) of galluses? I can see you aint an old country boy like me.
The deal with where they fall really happened to one of my work buddies. bad thing was, one of the foremen came into the restroom with him standing there with his bibs part way down washing the galluses off in the sink and of course just had to tell everyone in the plant including the wimmen in the front office. My friend said every time on of them ladies looked at him he knew they were thinking about that:D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Don't feel bad, Sheepdog...I've never heard it either....but then, some (like my wife), consider me a city boy.....:)

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Now we're separating the young from the old. I've heard them called galluses a lot. Thats what we called them when I went to grade school. I wore my first pair of Jeans for Graduation. During school it was always striped overalls. Mother always bought us the Tuf-Nut brand because we got a pocket knife with each pair. :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my daddy always wore them pin stripe overalls. ----usually with only one strap done up, and a tendency to not button the sides either unless he went to town.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My carpenter/painter Grandpa wore the pin-stripes...my oildfield Grandpa wore Dickies khakis and suspenders...we loved unhooking the back ones...it'd really get him going...once I pulled the unhooked one out as far as I could and let the metal clasp hit him in the back...ONCE...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I use to wear Big Mac but they got pricie and I now buy Carhart they wear longer and are much more comfortable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts