Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There were three guys shooting next to me, .40 and 9mm. One guy, presumably the owner of the firearms, is not shooting so great, and he inspects one of the boxes of ammo, which he bought at the range.

Turning to one of the other guys, completely serious, "Oh, this is center fire ammo. That's the problem. My guns don't like center fire ammo. I hate that stuff!"

Holding in my laughter I asked them if they wanted their brass (his guns don't like that center fire stuff; so I couldn't imagine he would want to reload it...). So I did pick up their brass. ;)

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Yeh, I feel the same way about that lousy "center fire" universal ammunition.
I much prefer the "right fire" ammo because I'm right handed.

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
Wow. Just, wow.
And this chuckle-head is armed!?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey, I used to work with that guy, I sent him to get me a metric grease gun and haven't seen him since.

·
Registered
223 Posts
monkey wrench

yep, thats the guy we have searching for the left handed monkey wrench AND the fan belt streatcher!!! he is the one i heard at my LGS recently asking where are the MOSSENBURG shotguns!!

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Where are the Mossenburg shotguns anyway? And I'd need the self ejecting one that doesnt make noise when you shoot it.

:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also sent him for Turtle fur Gloves.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Hey, I used to work with that guy, I sent him to get me a metric grease gun and haven't seen him since.
Went to Sears to buy a metric cresent wrench the other day, they laughed at me. I don't know why. :D

·
Super Moderator
22,046 Posts
There were three guys shooting next to me, .40 and 9mm. One guy, presumably the owner of the firearms, is not shooting so great, and he inspects one of the boxes of ammo, which he bought at the range.

Turning to one of the other guys, completely serious, "Oh, this is center fire ammo. That's the problem. My guns don't like center fire ammo. I hate that stuff!"

Holding in my laughter I asked them if the wanted their brass (his guns don't like that center fire stuff; so I couldn't imagine he would want to reload it...). So I did pick up their brass. ;)
Hey the expert at his LGS told him that centerfire stuff isn't as good in 40 S&W.

It reminds me of someone in the neighborhood I was talking to about their John Deere riding mower. He said he got it from a local retailer because they are specially made for that retailer and has a better engine than the same models at Lowes or Home Depot. I smiled and got mine on sale at Lowes for $300 less. I'll take my chances.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went to Sears to buy a metric cresent wrench the other day, they laughed at me. I don't know why. :D
Hey, I used to have a metric crescent wrench, for real!
I bought it while I was stationed on Okinawa. It said 200mm. Not 8 inch.
I wish I knew what happened to it; I used to have a lot of fun showing it off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey the expert at his LGS told him that centerfire stuff isn't as good in 40 S&W.

It reminds me of someone in the neighborhood I was talking to about their John Deere riding mower. He said he got it from a local retailer because they are specially made for that retailer and has a better engine than the same models at Lowes or Home Depot. I smiled and got mine on sale at Lowes for $300 less. I'll take my chances.
Actually he's right about that. They make a cheaper version for Lowes. Thats why they can sell at a cheaper price.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Hey, I used to have a metric crescent wrench, for real!
I bought it while I was stationed on Okinawa. It said 200mm. Not 8 inch.
I wish I knew what happened to it; I used to have a lot of fun showing it off.
That thing would have been a hit at our old shop! :D

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i like that there centerfire but i prefers me the left fire, cuz though i'm right handed, i'm left leaning.

i prefers me the centerfire, because the rimfire just reminds me of when my ole lady complains i miss the center and hit the rim.

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
i like that there centerfire but i prefers me the left fire, cuz though i'm right handed, i'm left leaning.

i prefers me the centerfire, because the rimfire just reminds me of when my ole lady complains i miss the center and hit the rim.
That right there's funny! I don't care who y'are!

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Actually he's right about that. They make a cheaper version for Lowes. Thats why they can sell at a cheaper price.
His statement is right, John Deere retailers as most independent retailers do sell different models than Lowes and big box stores. Often they have higher grade engines and they also have higher prices so you take your choice. I myself go for the better engine which given the same care is rated for many more hours of running time. The rest of the unit also may have more higher grade features also.
I would imagine that the shooter who said his firearm didn't like centerfire ammo was probably new to shooting and mixed up in his terminalogy. It might have been more helpful to ask him what he meant and then explain any errors to him.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Amazing. It's those kind of people that garages just love to replacel muffler bearings for.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts