Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for options on OWB holsters that also have the magazine pouch all in one for my SR9c and LC9; I can't seem to find any.

Thanks ahead,

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think your best option for that holster will be from a custom maker. But you may want to think about your design choice. On a holster with mag pouch unless you're going to carry cross draw they normally don't work out that well. If you carry strong side then you have to reach across with your weak hand to get at the mag. If you carry between 3 and 4 o-clock it's going to get pretty hard to reach.
All of this is just my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This may seem a bit unusual here but i picked up a OWB holster made for a Crosman pellet pistol with a magazine holder at Walmart for less that $8.
My SR9c with a Crimson Trace Laserguard fits very well. I use it when I hike and it works out fine. Go figure. It is worth a look as a functional alternative IMHO.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your best option for that holster will be from a custom maker. But you may want to think about your design choice. On a holster with mag pouch unless you're going to carry cross draw they normally don't work out that well. If you carry strong side then you have to reach across with your weak hand to get at the mag. If you carry between 3 and 4 o-clock it's going to get pretty hard to reach.
All of this is just my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it.
Thanks for your imput. I see your point if wearing it strong side at the 4 o-clock position trying to reach with the weak hand. I guess my main concern is carying an extra mag with the LC9 just to be on the safe side. The one for the SR9c will be mainly for range purposes or on those ocasions where what I'm wearing allows for it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This may seem a bit unusual here but i picked up a OWB holster made for a Crosman pellet pistol with a magazine holder at Walmart for less that $8.
My SR9c with a Crimson Trace Laserguard fits very well. I use it when I hike and it works out fine. Go figure. It is worth a look as a functional alternative IMHO.
I guess for $8 I should try it, thanks!!

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
I'm looking for options on OWB holsters that also have the magazine pouch all in one for my SR9c and LC9; I can't seem to find any.

Thanks ahead,
Check the Ruger web site. At shop Ruger.com look at pistol accessories and on the second page of the holsters section there is a Blackhawk with a mag pouch. I bought one and I love it. It's not that fancy but it's working for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts