Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a new gun story I don't mind sharing.I was fishing a farm pond this afternoon and before I knew it a racoon was running down a path that leads to the pond,running right at ME[:0].Boy it sure is hard to draw fast when your poopin yourself.Anyway I drew my RUGER P-345 loaded with 230 grn Federal HP's.That **** musta knew he screwed with the wrong angler 'cause he put on the brakes and rolled a few feet and dissapeared into the brush before I could shoot.So now I pull the hammer back and go lookiing for it 'cause they usually aren't out in the day unless they are sick[like rabid].I keep hearing thrashing in the catails and see movement but I don't shoot as I'm not sure of my target.When I get closer I see a small bird and a nest,the bird is caught up in some idiots old fishing line so I wade out and cut him free and it flies off.I wrapped up the line and cut it in small peices.Now I think maybe the **** was after the bird[:I]But still in broad daylight.Anyways I'm a bit proud as the **** was only ten feet away when I drew my .45 and I didnt panic or shoot myself or anything else I didnt intend to.;)The best part is I had just tried to buy snake loads before going fishing and they were out of .45's.When that **** came running I was glad I didnt have snake loads.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Will your p345 feed snake loads?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I've seen the ***** out in the day but since he charged at you something ain't right. Too bad he didn't give you a shot. If you kill one, make sure you burn it or bury it deep. Good story, reminds us why a sidearm is good to have even if you are just out fishin'.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deputy125,I dont know if they will feed,never got any to try yet.jimbo1096,my thoughts exactly thats why I looked for it afterwards.What worries me is there are families with kids and pets fishing there all the time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't know if this helps or not, but snake shot rounds do feed without a hitch in my Kimber Pro carry .45...

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
They feed on my P-90 no trouble at all but best to test fire first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts