Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the other week that I'd bought two new P-89's and one was giving me fits as the slide would hang up every few rounds and would be VERY difficult to move. My last range session that I told you about had six hangups in 96 rounds. I've had it apart several times and about "looked" it to death. I did a very thorough cleaning yesterday,lubed all internals with Breakfree and liberally lubed the rails with Tetra grease.
I fired 53 rds yesterday with no problems and went back out today with my last 50 rds and the slide stopped on the 49th rd, about 90% of the way back, but this time the lightest touch got the slide moving.
To you knowledgeable Ruger people, does this seem to mean that this particular pistol just needed "shooting in" and maybe another 100 rds or so will probably do it? I've put almost 300 rds through it already, more than I've ever had to use to break in a new pistol, but it is definately getting much better.
Oh yeah, does anybody know why I may need to take a Charles Atlas Course(telling my age now)to press the mag release on this particlar pistol. My other "P" pistols release much easier.
On the good side, this P-89 is much more fun for me than either of my P-95's, and I really like the new model '95.
Thanks for listening and your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cyrille,
As a born again Christian, your point is very well taken. My signature line is the last line from a most excellent poem by Edmund Vance Cooke, entitled,"HOW DID YOU DIE".Ironically, it's subject is a life well lived, through trouble and adversity.I also interpret that last line to ask,"what condition will you be in when you die?" Deep stuff,good poem, but man did we get off topic! :D
Regards,

·
Registered
401 Posts
Skip,
Give Ruger a call and describe the problem your having. Rugers customer service is excellent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts