Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay ... I'm looking for some help here. Recently acquired a P-90; wonderful gun ... but in my opinion the mag release sucks. Has anyone come up with a good fix to make it both easier and more comfortable to use; after market part etc? Thanks for your input -- bowhair[V]

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
What exactly do you not like about it? My only complaint with my P90 is that sometimes a loaded mag does not want to drop all the way out. Empty mags fly out like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's probably just a nit pick. But I'm used to a flat contact surface on a mag release. I find the sloping away awkward feeling and mine sometimes hangs up as well; loaded or unloaded it's sometimes hard to depress the release and it makes me less confident of it in a pressure situation. My P-345 is real easy. my 1911's have always been easy, but this one and a couple other P-90's I've picked up in gun shops require some fumbling with. Otherwise, it's fantastic; I'm biased toward all metal guns, so I actually like the balance and feel better than the P-345 ... both shoot very well.

Thanks for the response. It's a "new" piece to me and I'm a fiddler (literally and figuratively) so I'm always finding something to monkey with on my guns ... even if it's just minor cosmetic stuff. This one kind of bothers me because it could be a real problem for me in a quick switch situation. Thanks -- bowhair[xx(]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts