Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read elsewhere that the P-90 was originally engineered for the 10-m/m round and the working pressure associated with it.

Read further that, b/c of this, the p-90, when utilized for the lower pressure 45ACP, is rated for not only +P but +P+ as well.

Does anyone know if that's true? And, does this "over engineering" extend to other models, like my P-85?

Thanx in advance for info and pls. pardon my woeful "lack of knowledge" on this....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My owners' manual says "Use only factory ammunition loaded to U.S. industry standards." It also says "The Ruger P-series pistols are compatible with all factory ammunition loaded to U.S. Industry Standards, including high-velocity and hollow-point loads, loaded in brass, aluminum, or steel cartridge cases. No 9mmx19, .45ACP, or .40 S&W ammunition manufactured in accordance with NATO, U.S., SAAMI, or CIP standards is known to be beyond the design limits or known not to function in these pistols." In plain language, to me that means "Yup" to both your questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My P944 and P95 manuals both say they can handle everything the above poster wrote.

My understanding of the P series is that they are all over built.

Great pistols, I can't see parting with either of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts