Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the P89 frames , some had a guide rod with a small tab protruding from the beginning of it where it fits up to the barrel link. Others had a guide rod that was flat where it fits up to the barrel link. My question is this : Were their frames the same or were they different ? I've attached a picture of 2 different slides that have the 2 different guide rods and barrel links. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm just trying to see if there were 2 different frames for the P89. I'm asking because I have a used P89 slide with the guide rod with little protruding nipple type thing on it. It's from a DeCock-Only gun. My other complete P89 is a De-Cock-Safety gun that has the flat ended guide rod. I'm wondering if I can use the Decock only slide on my Decock-Safety frame. I am hoping the frames were the same on the inside. If so then I think I can just swap the slides. If the frames were different on the insides then if I swap slides then something may rub or drag.

Resized_20200731_163338.jpeg

·
Registered
754 Posts
I believe the barrels and recoil springs are different on the P89X to accommodate the contours of the .30 Luger.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I believe the barrels and recoil springs are different on the P89X to accommodate the contours of the .30 Luger.
the .30 barrel uses a guide rod with a captive recoil spring

Reactions: rmichael63

·
"The Real Deal"
6,772 Posts
Going off memory my p85 and p89 are slightly different. Think my 85 has the extra notch on that recoil rod, and 89 does not. I will look tomorrow for sure. From memory, most do not have the extra notch.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just trying to see if there were 2 different frames for the P89. I'm asking because I have a used P89 slide with the guide rod with little protruding nipple type thing on it. It's from a DeCock-Only gun. My other complete P89 is a De-Cock-Safety gun that has the flat ended guide rod. I'm wondering if I can use the Decock only slide on my Decock-Safety frame. I am hoping the frames were the same on the inside. If so then I think I can just swap the slides. If the frames were different on the insides then if I swap slides then something may rub or drag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts