Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I haven't had to use one for defense against anything, but I'm confident that the .45 I carry would be adequate against any man or beast that might encounter in my area. I have killed animals with it, but I wouldn't call it a hunting gun. I have a .44 mag with a scope that I use for that if I want a short gun.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I've had a couple of surly cola cans give me trouble in the past. One was a can of RC and the other, if I recall correctly, was a can of Mountain Dew. It's been a long time since this happened so my recall of the events may be a little fuzzy. I'll try to do my best to give an accurate account though.

Five or six years ago, I was outside though on my property when I noticed these two shady looking characters approaching from either side. Thankfully I had my P95 with me at the time. When they crouched down in a menacing position, I quickly brought my 9mm up and blazed away with those copper coated balls of death. The RC can spun and did a back flip, then didn't move any more. The Mountain Dew can was faster though. It sidestepped the first round and then flipped forward. I thought I was doomed for sure but when it jumped between me and then sun, I could clearly see a bright reflection off it's side. That was like a sign had been slapped on it saying "shoot here". I did my best John Wayne and whipped the P95 up just in time to double tap that can center mass and send it reeling. The trouble was then over almost as quickly as it began.

That's a day I'll never forget - and still have nightmares about it sometimes. :D :D :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Kind of long and involved story and not exactly hunting or with a Ruger. To make it short, some years back a neighbor's pit bull backed me up to my door after chewing up another neighbor's dog and tearing the screen from his storm door trying to get in. Came into my yard and chased my wife in the house. I went out to check on the commotion and was gonna burn him with a BB gun to make him leave. I did just happen to have my old S&W model 10 in my back pocket loaded with Win LSWCHPs. Good thing too because he had no intentions of leaving. Said dog is now deceased and the group of young dope head owners have moved.

·
Registered
89 Posts
btrumanj
Good job !! Almost had to do this in VA when stationed there-didn't have a P-series then though -I did have an Old Army Ruger 45 though an didn't feel under gunned!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was elk hunting in 2001 with archery equipment when a lion came easing toward me. I don't think he ever saw me, he turned off the trail at 15 ft, but if he did notice me he also seen the muzzle of my P-90DC and I was shaking just a tad.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Was elk hunting in 2001 with archery equipment when a lion came easing toward me. I don't think he ever saw me, he turned off the trail at 15 ft, but if he did notice me he also seen the muzzle of my P-90DC and I was shaking just a tad.
That .45 slug between the eyes should have done it, but I would have probably missed. You should have some Wild Hogs around Lequire and McCurtain to practice on. They drifted East to Panama. I've killed a few trying to thin them out, but my Cousin has trapped a bunch and relocated them to Arkansas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was hunting a cornfield once. Somebody in the group had shot a doe that disappeared into the corn. Left the rifle in the truck and took my P95 I didnt find the doe but a small buck crossed paths with me a single 115gr XTP through the neck took him to the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts