Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
That P345 is a bad boy ! We just bought one too ! Never thought she'd want a 45, let alone half to tell her it's time to go home and drag her away from the range kicking and screaming !! Now she's hooked and wants a different gun evry time we go in the store ! Guess I finally picked the right girl !

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by Taurus_9mm

Great looking pistols. Had a chance to take either of them out yet for some range time? :)
i took the P345 to the range yesterday. It's an awesome pistol, just need to improve on my aiming hahaha. the 9mm is a bday present for my wife in 2 weeks so i m gonna let her have the first shot as a courtesy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by HB-DLX

That P345 is a bad boy ! We just bought one too ! Never thought she'd want a 45, let alone half to tell her it's time to go home and drag her away from the range kicking and screaming !! Now she's hooked and wants a different gun evry time we go in the store ! Guess I finally picked the right girl !
:Dthat's awesome. I tried the S&W .40 and there is not much diff with the .45 "kick" wise i love both guns.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Both are nice guns. The first version of that S&W was a little troublesome, but the the newer ones like yours are bullet proof. My son had one for a while it it shot very well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I would have to agree that the S&W is a nice gun. I m contemplating getting a .40

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nice guns but i never had much luck with the sigma. Mine was a first generation though and from what i understand the current ones are top notch.
Just wish all gun makers would standardize on the accessory rails they put on handguns. The smith will require a different tac light/rail accessories than the ruger would use due to different rails.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Nice guns but i never had much luck with the sigma. Mine was a first generation though and from what i understand the current ones are top notch.
Just wish all gun makers would standardize on the accessory rails they put on handguns. The smith will require a different tac light/rail accessories than the ruger would use due to different rails.
oh i didnt know that. thanks for the tip :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

How is one to know if they have the older one or a newer one.. I have not had any issues out of mine other than cheap ammo jamming in the pipe. Just curious what to look for.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Mine was an early production in 40. The biggest visable telltale difference between today's models and my old one back then is the presence of a loaded chamber indicator ("viewing hole"). That feature was absent in mine. As i also understand it, today's sigmas have other design improvements such as a strengthened frame, lower cut ejection port.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts