Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason for buying the P345 is because I could not afford a Wilson Super Grade. A warm Ruger on the inside is better than a cold Wilson on the outside and all alone.
The P345 felt good and was just the right size "45". Upon racking the slide for the first time, I looked up expecting to see the headlight of a derailed locomotive. Oh! Thought I! It's the rails on the gun. After disassembly, I located this strange pole with two springs which when placed vertically resembles the medical emblem on the side of an ambulance. Additionally, this thing has more safeties than a boiler.
It wasn't until the P345 was fired for the first time that actually made my Colt Gold Cup turn green with envy. This thing really shoots strait and softly. A one inch 5 shot group at 25yds off of sandbags. Whew! Will this thing do this forever or fall apart quickly? DAY

·
Registered
333 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the Ruger Forum! You got your self a great gun there, taken care of it will last lifetimes! I have about 5000k rounds down range with mine and not a single problem. This model of gun had issues abit off the start, but have been resolved as far as Im concerned. The gun is NOT to be Dry fired or attempted to be Dry fired without a mag in it. There is info about "Cleaning Under the Rear Sight" which discuss this issue. But all in all ya done good with the gun, now go out and shoot it alot!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
The P345's are great shooters... Congrats!!!

Make sure you stop by the New Member Forum and intoduce yourself for a warm forum welcome...

Make sure you checkout the GunSmithing Forum... great tips for the P-Series...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nice report!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I have to agree with Aszor. Mine has been flawless and very accurate. Enjoy your new gun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a near new (only put 200 rounds thru it so far) KP345DPR. I've owned a lot of different guns in the last four or five decades, and this is a NICE gun.

As light and compact as a L W Colt Commander, but less 'stuff' to catch on things when you need it out in a hurry. I already have faith in this gun, and find both SA and DA plenty good enough for me.

Accuracy seems fine, but I will need a warm, calm day at the range to see what it can do. So far, I am shooting about 4" groups at 25 yards with WWB, but every time at the range the wind has been strong enough to push both me and the targets around. I'm sure with younger eyes and less wind that sub-2" groups would be the norm with most ammo.

I've never had a FTF or FTE, function has been flawless!! It even feeds empty cases. Overall, the strenght I see makes me think this thing will run forever. I am very happy and very impressed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts