Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45 acp either way, but i am used to the p series body and trigger. should i go with whats familiar or whats tired and true bad ass?!?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Step out mate..... :D
I would go for the SR1911.
I bought one in February, it's one great handgun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have the p345 and it works great. if you want a 1911, get one. if you just want a 45 you can't beat a p345 for the price.. i really like mine and it shoots better than i do.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
I have not shot the p345, but my SR1911 and I are great friends. After last weekend, I'm pushing 3500 rounds down the pipe. How SWEET it IS!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I'd say the 345. It certainly costs less than a 1911 from anyone. Another thing to consider is if you carry the 1911, the best way is cocked and locked rather than having to charge the weapon when you need it. With the 345 you can carry a round loaded and the safety off and just pull the trigger if necessary. Which wasy would you feel more comfortable with? If you like the 345 way get that one and then safe up for a 1911 and use it as a range/house weapon and the 345 as a carry/range weapon.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I'm a big 1911 fan, but if you like and know the P series, nothing wrong with staying with a P. If I was in your shoes and considering a 1911, I would probably borrow or rent one and head to the range to see if it agreed with me before spending that kind of money. A 1911 is really a breed apart and, as much as I love 1911s, they don't agree with everyone.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Nothing wrong with either one - they are both reliable pistols...

However, I you're just trying to create a 'collection' then I think every 'collection' should have a 1911 in it.

BUT if you're looking for a .45ACP pistol for social work or something other the 'show and tell' then I think we've learned a few things in 100 years. For those uses I'd go with a DA/SA weapon, P345, SIG P220, SA XD, etc.

it's a tough call for anyone and nobody can tell you the wisest choice FOR YOU.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts