Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting 2000+ rounds through my 345, I am finding that the slide releases automatically when I slam a magazine home after a reload. Personally, I like this because it removes a step during the reload, but it only happens when forcefully inserting the mag, not when you slide it in slowly and listen for the click.

Anyone having this as an "issue?"

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
630 Posts
My sr9 does this as well. The first time it did it to me was at an idpa shoot during a reload and it really took me off guard. For IDPA its pretty sweet as far as time saving, but in a real situation where its not cardboard out in front of me, i would rather it didnt do it just for the simple fact, i dont want to be counting on it and it not happen. Id rather have the extra .25-.5 second reload.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My SR40 has done it from the git go , I don't think it's a "issue?"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sr9 does this as well. The first time it did it to me was at an idpa shoot during a reload and it really took me off guard. For IDPA its pretty sweet as far as time saving, but in a real situation where its not cardboard out in front of me, i would rather it didnt do it just for the simple fact, i dont want to be counting on it and it not happen. Id rather have the extra .25-.5 second reload.
I like it, and have gotten used to it now but it's the consistency thing that is the biggest issue with me. If it was a built in feature I would be more accepting.

My SR40 has done it from the git go , I don't think it's a "issue?"
It's just a matter of it not being consistent.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Could be you need a new slide stop. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
BUT on the other hand if it is broke by all means fix it.
I want my slide to do what I want it to do,--not what it wants to do.

·
Registered
630 Posts
evilevilforces;822371It's just a matter of it not being consistent.[/QUOTE said:
This is what I have against it. So far it has worked every time i have tried to do it, but knowing that is not how it was designed to work makes me not want to count on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts