Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to the range. The P345 was shooting consistantly, but to the left, about 12" @ 25 yards. Last night I drifted the rear sight about 1/32" to the right. Today I wnet back, and to my delight dead on center, 25, 15 and 7 yards! I was shooting WWB 230 grain FMJ. Very accurate... From 25 yards I was able to shoot the silouette targets mouth out, with a final shot to the center of the forehead... Me so happy![8D]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Proud to hear you shooting so well and that your 345 is serving you flawlessly....glad you got a good one...didja shoot the SP yet?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I took wifey, so I didn't want to give the wrong impression... You know, like I was letting her shoot "my" new SP101. She shot one round from 7 yards, just to check the new front sight and spring upgrades... Using 110gr .357 Magnum JHP she was able to cock the hammer now and hit about 1.5" left and up in center of mass of the target... Definitly a "dead" target... I am actualy surprised that she went. Up until I bought the new SP101, she never went. And she won't go if anyone else is going to be there. Shy I guess, but she is a safe and good shooter. I'll probablly get another set of Silenco's if she wants to keep going, so I don't have to stand there with fingers in the ears, watching her shoot "my", I mean "the" new gun...:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
She's gonna surprise you...bet she'll be a great shooter...and you'll get the honeydo list whittled down real fast...

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Family shooting is great! It is also good to know that each member of the family can handle a gun in case they have to defend themselves. My Ancestors on my Father's side were gun nuts, and a lot served in the military, going way back. When I was a kid, at family get togethers, we always had shooting matches to see who could outshoot the others. Rick, you're not helping my rugeritis with that good report on your 345. :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
The P345 is sweet looking, in looking at the specs on the blue model I can't tell if it only comes as a manual safety version or if you can get it as a decocker only version. Can someone tell me what's up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts