Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other month i saw a P89 in my local gun store, looked pretty decent and only 250. always wanted one as i liked the beefy look and stainless against aluminum.
immediately bought a bunch of mags.

anyways, i hear that only a fraction of P89's were DAOs ?

i also hear people say the triggers are long and mushy, but have to say mine has some take up, then smooth pull for half inch and a crisp break.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The Dao's were bought by Law enforcement agencies. mostly. There were few Prisons that had them.
The Wisconsin State Police., SanDiego Police , and Baltimore Police were all said to have carried Ruger P series pistols
I have a P94 DAO that was a police gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
DAO P series are good shooters, if you can get used to the constant heavy pull ... I had one DAO (P94) and although it was a good shooter I could never get used to the heavy pull.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAO P series are good shooters, if you can get used to the constant heavy pull ... I had one DAO (P94) and although it was a good shooter I could never get used to the heavy pull.
Actually the trigger pull isn't heavy at all, no more than a good revolver and smooth as butter.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My P94DAO has a 9lb. trigger pull. Fairly smooth
This is well documented by gun magazines who tested this pistol in 1995.( I have saved back issues of Guns&Ammo )
Feels a little lighter than a double action smith revolver to me

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice score. I've never seen a P89DAO in the flesh, but I always thought they looked very clean and cool in pics.

·
Sky Marshal
184 Posts
I often CCW a P89DAO, great guns, built like a tank and more accurate than I am..
They're just on the heavy side.. I almost need suspenders.
I have a DA/SA also, and I can't tell the different between the DA trigger pulls on either gun.

I keep an eye out for the DAO, I'd pick up another one if I could find one. They are somewhat rare, at least on gunbroker. I haven't seen any for a while, and the last one I saw was a special edition from the Ruger company collection.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd love to see if anyone has any photos?

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Actually the trigger pull isn't heavy at all, no more than a good revolver and smooth as butter.
compared to my other P series which are DA/SA I would agree to disagree sir ...
I have two (2) DAO P-Series pistols...a P-95 9mm and a P-97 .45 acp and both of their triggers are nicer (smoother, lighter, etc.) than either of the P-95 Decocker-Only 9mm and P-345 .45 acp triggers that I have.
And both of my DAO's appeared 'NIB' when I got them as they had no slide marks on the ends of the barrel nor any scratches on the front of the chamber where it slides under the slide...like all semi-autos do after even minimal use...and it's as if the OEM triggers were smoothed out before they left the factory.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I have two (2) DAO P-Series pistols...a P-95 9mm and a P-97 .45 acp and both of their triggers are nicer (smoother, lighter, etc.) than either of the P-95 Decocker-Only 9mm and P-345 .45 acp triggers that I have.
And both of my DAO's appeared 'NIB' when I got them as they had no slide marks on the ends of the barrel nor any scratches on the front of the chamber where it slides under the slide...like all semi-autos do after even minimal use...and it's as if the OEM triggers were smoothed out before they left the factory.

Agree to disagree ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts