Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a source on this forum or does anyone have a pdf or a video they can post that has the complete disassembly of the P89? I am wanting to spray some Cerakote, but I have never gone past field stripping and to be honest I am not sure I can handle it without some reference material.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm curious the frame is Aluminium. I saw a magazine advertisement and they put it in a fishbowl for a photo. But the slide was stainless.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm curious the frame is Aluminium. I saw a magazine advertisement and they put it in a fishbowl for a photo. But the slide was stainless.
I vaguely remember that ad, I think they were touting the "waterproof" features. All the P series were available in blue and stainless, but the frame was aluminum, which is "waterproof".

They aren't really waterproof because there are lots of carbon steel parts as you will see when you strip yours down.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I looked at the video and I took my P85 apart and buffed the transfer bar and trigger. It made a world of difference. If your going to take yours apart? I would do this while you had it apart. I used 600 grit then switched over to 3000. Shoots like a high priced rifle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
taeza, I guess great minds think alike. I had the same idea. I already have the 800,1000,2000 grit paper, red rouge and the dremmel buffing wheel standing by. I used the same setup on my GP100 which came acceptable when new.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
You Tube is your friend !

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know whether the P89 de cocker model slide disassembles the same as a regular P series? I managed to completely strip and reassemble the frame but it appears my slide is not the same as the one in the youtube video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts