Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new here and to the sport of shooting handguns. Iwas wondering what you guys thought of the p89 as a first gun for me. I want to go 9mm and i think i can get one of these new at a good price. I do have small hands will that be a problem with this gun?
Thanks

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Even if the gun would fit, some people are very picky to what the fit feels like. I highly suggest going down to your local gun dealer and holding a few so you can judge for yourself the fit & feel. If everyone liked the same fit & feel, we would only have two guns to choose from.

My personal preference: I like the older 'block' Ruger autos best, you can't get better than a P89, P90 or P91! I probably feel this way because I have large hands, and I have better control over something I can get a good grip on.

I am not 100% sure, but I think the P95s are slightly smaller, so if the P89 is too thick try a P95.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Keith's right about holding a few different pistols & seeing what feels good to you. I don't have small hands, but my P89 fells better with the Houge Mono-Grip on it. I think you would like the p89 just fine. They are great guns. I actually like it better than the P95 that we have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well so far i have fired a colt .45 auto, 357 revolver and a ruger .22 revolver. Do you guys know how the size of the p89 matches to these guns? there arnt alot of placeses to buy guns let alone try in my parts. lol
Ps all the guns above fit my hands fine. I like the colt but The p89 cought my eye.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
If you can shoot a .45 and a .357, then the P89 should give you no trouble whatsoever. I carried one for years as my concealed weapon, until my wife took it over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts