Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an older Ruger auto. I have 2 1911 .45's and a Taurus PT92AF in 9mm.

I want a Ruger 89/90/91 to join the collection.

I am thinking a KP91. This is a 40 S&W and would give me a nice range of calibers, or should I go with another 9mm or .45, so I wont have to buy yet another caliber of bullet...

Anyone have a P91?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Have zero experience with any .40 S and W gun. I just never seen the point. I have both the P90 and P89, and both are outstanding guns. My P90 is the most accurate .45 ACP I have ever owned. My P89 has had thousands of rounds through her, all reloaded hollow points, with nary a bobble. Love them both.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have no choice but to carry a 40 in a sig. Given the choice, I'll take the 45. Most 45's at least for me seem a bit more accurate and controlable than a 40. That being said though, the 40 seems to be the top choice with the guys around here as well as the various depts.
Been lookin at a ruger p93 here lately but havn't talked myself into it. No paticular reason other than to own one with high cap mags.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't going to buy a P right away because I just dropped a chunk of change on the low serial Red Eagle.
But today I had to ship a rifle so I went by the Pawn shop I do all my FFL shipping with and they had a KP89DC that just came out of pawn. Since they had 2 or 3 already, and I do a lot of business with them, I got it just slightly above the pawned price :D:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts