Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lunker here. I did a search but could find a link for my problem so please redirect me if there is a exisitng link.

I want to replace the firing pin spring on a P89 Decock Model. The decock lever is located on the left side of the slide.

I removed the extractor without any problem.

The firing pin stop (on the right side) came out when I removed the extractor.

So far, so good.

According the instructions I have found on line removing the decock lever is a three handed affair.

a. Depress firing pin.
b. Depress Decock lever spring
c. Pull Decock lever out of frame.

To do c it looks like a and b have to be done at the same time making a third hand necessary. Somehow I must be missing something here.

Can someone clarify the procedure please?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know on the standard P-89 you must also move the lever down but have never done a P89DC?
I did make a picture disassembly manual a while back on the P-89 & saved the link here it is saved @ steve's pages, Look at pgs 44-51, Hope it helps you some? You gotta press the firing pin in with a punch while the lever is turned down on the P89..& pull the LH lever out & then capture the Firing pin as you remove that lever..
http://stevespages.com/pdf/ruger_p89_disassembly_manual.pdf
Good Luck & take that apart in a big freezer bag so you won't loose any of the small detents & springs..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some research I figured out that the firing pin has nothing to do with disassembly except watching it launch and bounce off the wall. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your comment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts