Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice used P89DC model today. It's a 1993 model, looks pretty good for it's age. It's a blued slide. The tiny 3 dot sights have been painted green. They don't help with the sight picture at all. I was hoping that, maybe, it's some glow-in-the-dark paint but, so far, they don't glow.
It was very dry inside, I oiled it and put some grease on the rails. It came with a Ruger box with no label on it, no paperwork, one 10rd factory mag and one 15rd mag of questionable origin. I got it for $279.
I've been trying to find some old favorites to put back in my meager collection. I got a CZ recently, a S&W 22 revolver, and now this P series. If I can find a High Power that doesn't break the bank, that would be great. I may be looking a long time for that though.
I'll add a pic later.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
I picked up a nice used P89DC model today. It's a 1993 model, looks pretty good for it's age. It's a blued slide. The tiny 3 dot sights have been painted green. They don't help with the sight picture at all. I was hoping that, maybe, it's some glow-in-the-dark paint but, so far, they don't glow.
It was very dry inside, I oiled it and put some grease on the rails. It came with a Ruger box with no label on it, no paperwork, one 10rd factory mag and one 15rd mag of questionable origin. I got it for $279.
I've been trying to find some old favorites to put back in my meager collection. I got a CZ recently, a S&W 22 revolver, and now this P series. If I can find a High Power that doesn't break the bank, that would be great. I may be looking a long time for that though.
I'll add a pic later.
Congrats on the new firearm ... great price as well ...

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I'll add a pic later.

for a BHP, keep an eye on DWJ Imports on GunBroker. He gets them from time to time (2 up currently).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mag in question is a newer version. It fits and locks the slide in the 89(it's a 305 prefix serial number).
My concern was based more on the fact that it isn't a Ruger mag. While it is marked as a P85 mag, there's no maker's mark on it. It's not factory, so I'm always concerned about it's reliability. I'll try it at the range someday but I'll be getting some more factory mags that I know I can count on.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If the mag is marked P85 and you have a 305-xxxxxxx P89 then that mag is not compatible with your later P89.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts