Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the P90, shown next to my P89 that I have had for several years. If the .45 proves to be as reliable as the 9mm, I will be happy indeed. I aint had much luck with .45 ACPs. Everyone I ever had would jam with hollow points, except a Smith and Wesson 4566, but the trigger on that gun was so bad I could not hit anything with it. It had the worse case of overtravel I ever seen in a gun. So far, I have just shot one box of my reloads through it. Seems to be very accurate, more so than my 9mm. But, I did have one round get stuck in the chamber when my wife was shooting it. Of course, it is a new gun and the old advise of shooting at least 200 rounds through it applys.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I don't think reliability will be a problem. Mine feeds 200 gr lswc's like they were M&M's. Since you already have a P89 and like it, I think you'll love the P90. Nice picture too!:D

·
Registered
401 Posts
I use a 9mm KP8915 as my carry gun. I have almost 1,000 rounds thru it and have NOT had a jam. Reilability is most important in a carry gun. Talked with half a dozen P89 users who reported zero jams. The main reason for selecting the P89 over the P90 was the ability to change the stock grips.

·
jlweems
278 Posts
Nice pic. I have never heared of an unreliable P90.

Actually bunzo says that his isn't reliable because it won't feed rounds turned backwards in the magazine, but I think he's just being picky.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have a 2 P97's and my Wife has a P345. We shoot everything in them. I bought 2000 rnds of Winchester white box 230 gr. round nose, and reload back with Remington 230 Gr. Golden
Saber Hollow Points, and we haven't had a misfire or jam with any of them. It might just be luck, but I haven't had a problem with any of the P series that I have owned and shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts