Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been through 3 45's in the last year and have not liked any of them . Then I found this P90 ,This gun shoots awesome. Or should I say I can shoot this gun awesome.
First was a high $ Sig 227 that printed shotgun groups. Total Lemon:mad:
2nd was a Ruger American. Shot great but it chewed up my thumb knuckle up.
3rd Ruger Vaquero Birds Head grip 3" barrel , but I have so many Black Hawks it just didn't feel right in 45 ACP; this round begs to be shot in a semi auto . Shot good though.
Enter the P90 and all my left over loads. Shot everything great. I couldn't miss! The groups just kept coming , and this was all freehand shooting from 15 to 25 yards. Seriously
this P90 is 10x the gun that stupid Sig was and I could have bought 3 of them for what I payed for Sig.
Just sad I never got one of these a long time ago!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I have said for years that the P90 is one of the most accurate .45s ever built. And it's still winning converts to this day! Awesome.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
I've been through 3 45's in the last year and have not liked any of them . Then I found this P90 ,This gun shoots awesome. Or should I say I can shoot this gun awesome.
3rd Ruger Vaquero Birds Head grip 3" barrel , but I have so many Black Hawks it just didn't feel right in 45 ACP; this round begs to be shot in a semi auto . Shot good though.
Enter the P90 and all my left over loads. Shot everything great. I couldn't miss! The groups just kept coming , and this was all freehand shooting from 15 to 25 yards. Seriously
this P90 is 10x the gun that stupid Sig was and I could have bought 3 of them for what I payed for Sig.
I paid under 3 bills for my P90 ... congrats on your purchase ...

I have said for years that the P90 is one of the most accurate .45s ever built. And it's still winning converts to this day! Awesome.
You hit the nail on the head, my P90 makes this half blind crippled shooter look like he knows what he is doing ... It by far is my best shooting pistol ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
My KP90DC was my first gun and when I bought it I was not well versed in guns. I'm really lucky that it was my first pick because it eats any ammo, is more accurate for its price point than it should be and didn't cost an arm and a leg. 15 years later I've still got it and though I rarely shoot it and never carry it, the P90 will always have a place in my stable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
OP - Congratulations on your find. I just acquired my first P90 as well. I love my P89, and thought for years before finally actively looking for a P90. After several trips to the range, I regret waiting so long to obtain. Enjoy!

BTW - in case you haven't already run across it, be sure to look at the forums regarding the P90 magazines with the steel follower chewing up the alloy frame. Easy fix to the magazines, kind of harder to fix the frame.

https://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/25128-p90-magazines.html

·
Registered
245 Posts
I picked one up off Gun Broker a few months back, love it. I have a HK USP Compact 45 and prefer to shoot the P90DC. It's a tank but easy to rack and the recoil is not as bad as some of my smaller caliber guns.

Only thing I didn't care for was the OEM grips so I replaced them with some Uncle Mike's grips.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the Sig lovers of the world heard you say that a P90 is better than a ANY Sig P series guns they will label you as crazy, demented, "you just don't understand", etc. With that being said I own 2 Sigs (P226 Elite and SP2022) and they are good guns but not otherworldly.

I also own 2 P90s and love them, very accurate guns. I don't think I could wear them out.

·
Exchequer
4,597 Posts
Plenty of P series fans here. And for good reason. Overall, the P series are well made, accurate, not fussy about diet, and will take a beating and keep on going.

Glad you found a nice P90. And I agree, it is one of the most accurate 45 ACPs around.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Plenty of P series fans here. And for good reason. Overall, the P series are well made, accurate, not fussy about diet, and will take a beating and keep on going.

Glad you found a nice P90. And I agree, it is one of the most accurate 45 ACPs around.
us P series nuts tend to be enablers ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the Sig lovers of the world heard you say that a P90 is better than a ANY Sig P series guns they will label you as crazy, demented, "you just don't understand", etc. With that being said I own 2 Sigs (P226 Elite and SP2022) and they are good guns but not otherworldly.

I also own 2 P90s and love them, very accurate guns. I don't think I could wear them out.
Im sure mine was a Lemon, and shouldn't judge all Sigs. But, their customer service sucked! Sent this 227 back and told me I didn't now how to shoot a gun. It literally would not group anything from factory to reloads. What's weird is all my leftover reloads from this gun shoot nice little clusters out of the P90.Dont now how to shoot , I was pretty insulted by that. Needless to say but I will never buy another Sig, especially for that kind of money. Ruger all the way for me. Their customer service is awesome.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
us P series nuts tend to be enablers ...
Ha ha...and abso-freakin'-lutely...on being nuts!

P-Series pistols are under-rated as they shoot far more accurately than many of the 'modern' pistols of today!

I don't have a P-90...but I do have a P-95, a P-97, and a P-345...all of which, by themselves, are more accurate than I!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts