Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P90 and one of the grip panels is loose. The screw is tight and in good condition. The panel doesn't look to be chippped or anything where it coneects to the frame. Have any of you had this before ? If so what have you done to keep it from being loose ? When I say loose I mean that the panel will shift in any direction when I hold the gun. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
21,354 Posts
I swapped my P94 grips out for Hogue rubber grips. I know that doesn't help much but maybe a little history on the P90 would help. Did you buy it used and were they loose then?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can't understand why it would suddenly become loose. Maybe the panel has warped? Even though these have been out of production for a long while, maybe Ruger still has some sitting on a shelf. It might be worth a call.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: I just got some used factory grips and they fit and work great with no looseness. I guess the original factory grips were a hair off or worn where they fit into the frame. I couldnt see it but they are tight now. Thanks guys !

·
Registered
121 Posts
Get you a set of Hoague grips, & that will prob solve your problem. They are a lot better than stock grips, they look good & feel good

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Every P series i own that has removable grip panels have been upgraded to the rubber Houge wrap arounds and i haven't looked back.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also meant to ask...is the small "tang" or edge still on the top of the grip? Between that and the screw it shouldn't move around.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah they do!

Yeah those coco bolo grips look great......but pricey ($100 bucks WOW).
I just got the Hogues for $25 and never looked back, they are so much better than the factory grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, those Hogue wood grips are tasty, but the price has kept me away too. I've been considering a set of the smooth OD aluminum grips for my P89, but the idea of fitting them to my particular gun has kept me from picking them up. I have a couple spare sets of factory grip panels, and I had to do a surprising amount of filing and sanding to get them to fit my gun's frame. The idea of taking files and sandpaper to a $45 set of aluminum grips gives me pause, to say the least.:(

https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/ruger-grips/p85/aluminum

https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/ruger-grips/p85/aluminum/ruger-p85-p91-aluminum-matte-green-anodized

·
Registered
536 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a set of these in Black anodized aluminum on my P93 and they feel awesome. Unfortunately at 80 bucks a pop this will be the only one of my P guns to get these...
Nice. Did they require any fitting? If not, do they fit the pistol snugly, with no rattling or other movement?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nice. Did they require any fitting? If not, do they fit the pistol snugly, with no rattling or other movement?
Perfect tight fit. I love them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Another vote for the hogue rubber grips. They are an excellent choice for my P89 and I will never put the factory set back on my Ruger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts