Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P90 I bought new end of 2010. I have shot 45 auto in my 1911 for years. I usally rack and lock the slide back push in the clip and hit the lever and it loads. On my P90 it will jam almost every time. I called Ruger and they told me not to do that. I must manually pull the slide back and release. It does work with out problems. My son has a much older model and he told me he always loads the first round the way I described. After a a mag is empted and the slide is locked back he always just hits the lever and releases the slide. His never jams. It seams to me if I am in a competion and want to releoad quickly, I will loose time if I have to manually pull the slide back to get it to feed. I welcome you comments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That sounds fishy to me. That would be a huge disadvantage in a CQC reload situation as well. But idk alot about the function of that pistol but every lock after last round I have ever shot is always ready for first round lock in after mag drop. Idk someone will chime in.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just performed the function you seem to be having the issue with on my own P90. I used a full magazine with Remmington, Golden Sabre, hollow point rounds. Not an issue on my end. I am sorry you are experiencing the jamming problem.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wife and I own a pair of P90s; neither has the problem you describe. I suggest trying a new OEM weight recoil spring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My farther owns 2 p90 and I own 1, I have run around 500 rounds through mine, my farther has about the same run through his, we have used win., Remington and a few other brands of ammo with no problems. The other day I had one FTE, but we have had no problems with loading.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What ammo are you using?
Factory or handloads?
The only time I have had a problem is with LSWC.
LRNs work every time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My P90 loads the first round using either technique. Have you considered that it could be a magazine problem?

Kenny

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine many year ago. Been shooting brass. it almost has about 1k round and yesterday I went through it w/ 100 tula steel ammo from wally. It ate all no issue. Got to love Ruger P90.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts