Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I've never tried it, but I wouldn't think they're interchangeable. You can't go wrong with Ruger factory mags made for your pistol....and that's coming from a long time P-90 user. You should be able to find them most anywhere; even with the current panic we're seeing. This is because they aren't high-cap mags.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
1911 magazines Will NOT work in a Ruger P90.As NC said get the factory mags.I have accumulated a bunch from gun shows...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The only difference between P90 and 1911 mags is the cutout for the magazine catch/release. I successfully made a new cutout with a dremel in an 8rd Chip McCormack mag and it works perfect in my P97. 1911 mags are a lot cheaper than Ruger mags.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
i have a ruger p90 coming home soon.wondering where a good place to find mags at.will 1911 mags work?
I just boufght a P90 myself and while I was waiting for it to be delivered I looked around for some P90 mags. I found a seller on Gunbroker that was selling 15 mags in one lot. I stopped bidding at $16 for all 15. Well the final selling price was some where around $35 for all 15. Needless to say I'm still kicking my butt for letting them go ...

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a P90 I bought new back in about 91. Don't shoot it a lot but good to know about the 1911 mags and P345 mags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously the p90 9mm is a pretty old gun now, does anybody have any advice for how to determine if a magazine from another manufacturer is compatible? I'm looking for some extended 9mm magazines.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Obviously the p90 9mm is a pretty old gun now, does anybody have any advice for how to determine if a magazine from another manufacturer is compatible? I'm looking for some extended 9mm magazines.
The P-90 is a .45, the 9mm version is the P-89 (or the earlier P-85)

For P-series Rugers, go with factory Ruger magazines or Mec-Gar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts