Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a P90 on lay a way. I was searching around for some more mags for the gun and noticed (I think it was Pro Mag) some with 10 round magazine capacity. Was wondering if these somehow fit flush with the gun or not? I know Rugers are the only ones to depend on, but I was curious about these 10 rounders. They got good reviews (by 2 customers) at Midway.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,335 Posts
Ruger designed the magazine well for single stack mags. As such, the highest capacity 45 ACP that will fit flush is an 8 rounder. Each additional cartridge adds about a half inch to the magazine length. So, a 10 rounder will protrude about an inch below the frame. BTW, all 45 ACP Ruger magazines are interchangable (P-345, P-90, & P-97).

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Iowegan. I did not know all the Ruger .45 mags where interchangable. Good to know. And I sure do not want any mags that extend below the frame.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Tim, here's a not too good pic of an 8 rd Pro Mag in my P97. It actually only holds 7 and has a kind of oversize ugly base but it works. At about half the price of a Ruger mag it's fine for a range mag. For concealed carry I stick with the Rugers.
Baker

·
Registered
336 Posts
The ProMag magazines have a big ugly base but they do work fine. I have a couple that I bought from Cabelas for about $15.00 each. They are great for range or plinking but I only use Ruger magazines for HD and CC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts