Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second range outing with my P90 really increased my regard for this pistol. I warmed up with my 22/45, then fired about 60 rounds from my PT1911 before shooting the P90. I fired about 60 rounds alternating between my 185gr lswc, 200 gr lswc and 200 gr cmj reloads. The P90 didn't like my 185gr reloads. I had 3-4 stovepipes with those rounds and we were a bit more eratic. My target fired at 15 yards is below. A combination of a busy range and I got to liking the daylight coming through the target. Wish I could blame the pistol for the "flyers" and the tendency to be a tad left. Ruger seems to have done good with this pistol.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
the p90 has been long time favorite of mine. i've only run 200 gr or 230 gr thru her and she is just plain consistant.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I, too, love my P90. It is the most accurate .45 ACP pistol I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I just came back from the range. I went early this morning to sight in the new scope on the AR15, & the red dot that I instaled on my 6" GP100. Both are dead on now. I had the P90 at my side & couldn't resist going over to the plate rack & playing with it a little. this is the first time for that with the P90. 50 rounds of WWB Hollow Points in fast shooting mode & the pistol never mised a beat. People put the P-series Rugers down because of the long trigger travel, but if you learn to feel the reset, they are as good as most other pistols out there. The more I shoot this P90, the more I like it! :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The long trigger pull is a problem only if you are accustomed to something else. Yesterday my sequence was a 22/45 with VQ sear and trigger, a PT1911 and then the P90. Two pistols with almost no pretravel followed by one with long pretravel. Also, it was the second time I fired the P90. Took about 4 rounds before I adjusted to the difference in triggers. After that, it was just fine. Sights are easy to acquire and, fortunately or unfortunately, it seems to shoot where I'm really pointing it. A little work is needed to get the left out of my P90 trigger finger and it will do just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts