Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have trouble getting the slide off my P90 when I disassemble it. After I pull the slide stop to its disassembly position, and attempt to move the slide forward, it wont budge. I have to pull the slide back and slam it forward a few times, then it finally inches off. Is it possible that the barrel assembly gets caught in the channel that it slides forward on? What can I do to remedy this problem?
Maybe this illustration will help.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
before dis-assembly, are you pushin' the ejector completely down?
if the ejector is in the up position, you will have difficulty. Sometimes it will pop into the upright position at the worst time during assembly/dis-assembly..............

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes ejector is down as far as it can go, it almost touches the other side inside the handle.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
well, i just don't know.........

i've had mine for quite a while and there is always a small "snag" in takin the slide off, but all i have to do to over-come the snag is just some thumb pressure to the back of the slide pushin' it forward----never had to use hard force to do it......I'd check for wear marks in that area and see if there is a bur or something causin the bump............perhaps a wiggle or two also while takin' her apart migh help..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts