Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well almost a great day. Found a p90 at the lgs today $350 1 mag no box blued( Iprefer ss). Been wanting one for a while now so she came home with me. This thing was filthy so I dis assembled for cleaning and let the barrel soak. Got frame and slide all looking pretty and then on to the barrel.

Noticed a halo ring a 3rd of the way down from the chamber. Felt the outside and there is a bulge in that spot all the way around. I'm sure that is not supposed to be there but someone please tell me it is LOL.

There is no other signs of a a squib load . No cracks nothing bent slide cycles trigger and decocker/safety work. I guess these things are built like tanks. So much for getting a bucket list gun. Not too worried I know the lgs will make it right and give me a refund.

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Go back to the shop and see if you can work something out on a new barrel, particularly if it’s in a location that you wouldn’t be able to inspect prior to purchase (aka can you only find it when the barrel is outside the slide).

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So yesterday I was looking it over and noticed that the slide stop was really hard to remove. I'm sure it took a beating. Anyway went back to lgs today and showed them what was going on. They were willing to give me the cost of a barrel and slide stop but he said he would feel better giving me a full refund as there may be more unseen damage. Walked out with a full refund and we are all still friends.

I am kinda bummed because I have been wanting a p90 for a while now. The search begins again and maybe I'll find one in ss like I really want. Thank you all for your replies and wisdom

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Probably the best course of action. Glad the shop stood by their sale and all parted ways feeling good about the resolution. Yea, the shop is out some cash at this point, but he has a customer that will come back and spend money and doesn’t have to look over his shoulder having sold a potentially dangerous firearm.
Happy Hunting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts