Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK... my P90 was shooting low so I bought a couple taller rear sights from Ruger to raise the point of impact. I disassembled the pistol and took the slide to my local gun shop where he had a brass punch to change it out for me. I reassembled it and went to the range today... She won't fire... in single action, the trigger wont trip the hammer at all and in double action it will cycle the hammer but it doesn't seem to act correctly. I have taken it apart and reassembled it a couple of times and can see nothing wrong. What am I missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I noticed you said "pistol". Are you talking about the carbine or a FiveSeveN?

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
He's talking about a Ruger P90 pistol not a bullpup..Hoof Is this a Decocker or Manual Safety model? Did you remember to put the spring under the sight for the disconnect back in?That spring will pop out when the rear sight is moved if your not watching and go into oblivion...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Aaah! Thanks, I didn't pay attention to which sub-forum, just that it said P90. Duh!

·
Registered
69 Posts
note: a rear site assembly from a mrk 2 will fit in p90 dovetail and yes I think it had a spring undrt it. long ago it was. note: a p90 is NOT a 100 meter IHMSA gun but had fun shooting at steel, chickens too small pigs too far. turkeys/ rams laughed at me. still fun tho

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a decocker model..... so if that spring is missing that will prevent the pistol from firing??
I bet that's it....
Thanks....

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
It's a decocker model..... so if that spring is missing that will prevent the pistol from firing??
I bet that's it....
Thanks....
Yes that spring keeps pressure on the disconnect if there is no pressure it acts like the slide is back and will not fire...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LA..you were right.... the spring was there but the little retaining pin that sits on top of it was broken, (he must have snapped the little tit off it when he drifted the sight back across it)..... I'm waiting for the pin from Ruger....

Anyway,I have discovered that this pistol will fire just fine with that whole mechanism removed from the slide?????

Thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts