Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KP345PR and a KP97D. I can't really decide which I like the most. At my last range outing, I fired one mag from the 345 and the next through the 97. Tough choice - I may lean a bit toward the 97 just because it doesn't have all the new pc safety features. They both shoot to the same point of aim. The P97 may be slightly more accurate, or it may be that it shoots a little better because the S/A trigger pull is smoother and lighter. Have to say that my 345 has been flawless to date though.

I'm becoming a P-Series junkie I think. I also have a KP95D and a P944D. I've bid on an old beat up P93 on one of the auctions, but won't know until tomorrow if I've won it or not. I've been thinking about buying a KP90D and when I was at the range Wednesday night I ordered one. It should arrive in time for me to test it on next Wednesday night's outing at the range. I'm not sure why anyone needs three .45's, but they're just too much fun to shoot.

I had a P90 once, but that one had a terrible S/A trigger and I just couldn't get attached to it. Is anyone else dumb enough to have all three and if so, which one is your favorite? Even if you just have a P90, what do you think about it?
Ruger poor, dazed and confused - Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,621 Posts
I don't have a P90D yet-next on my list-but I've had two P97-loved them---from the input I've gathered-the P90 is the workhorse-the P97 somewhat more social and genteel----and I'm sorry but the word on the street is that the P345 is a sissy. Too many problems...I'm for sending it back to the drawing board, LISTENING to those who have bought them and fired them (maybe by a survey), and making improvements to satisfy the problems raised. Then it might gain the reputation the P90 and P97 have...think they just pulled it out of the oven too soon. R/S........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
I have a P90T that is my constant companion. I love it and almost never leave home without it. It has been a (nearly) flawless performer since day one.

Let me explain…….I like to tell this story:

It’s had about 10,000rounds through it with only one failure to feed, and that one failure was under unusual conditions. I was at a get together a bunch of Michigan guys have every year, and was reloading a magazine for the P90 while I was talking to one of my buddies. It seems that while I was talking, I put a round in backwards, and when that round came up in the magazine, it would not feed!

I can no longer say the P90s performance has been totally flawless because it absolutely would NOT feed that backwards round!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by bunzo351

I have a P90T that is my constant companion. I love it and almost never leave home without it. It has been a (nearly) flawless performer since day one.

Let me explain…….I like to tell this story:

It’s had about 10,000rounds through it with only one failure to feed, and that one failure was under unusual conditions. I was at a get together a bunch of Michigan guys have every year, and was reloading a magazine for the P90 while I was talking to one of my buddies. It seems that while I was talking, I put a round in backwards, and when that round came up in the magazine, it would not feed!

I can no longer say the P90s performance has been totally flawless because it absolutely would NOT feed that backwards round!
Oh man - that does it. I'm cancelling the order. Won't feed a round backwards? What the heck kind of reliability is that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I was shooting my KP90DC and my KP345DC yesterday. P90 shoots`a little low for me and P345 a little high, both good groups.Only difference is recoil with the P90 is less. Love them both, and my KP95DC as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - now I have one of all 3. Which one do I like the best? I'm sorry - I don't have a clue. Each one has characteristics that I like.
1. The 345 is the prettiest and feels the best in my hand.
2. The 97 is not so pretty, has the best trigger and no extra 'safety features.' Felt recoil to me is the same as the 345, but I notice slightly more muzzle flip.
3. The 90 is the most accurate, least pretty and has the worst trigger. Contrary to common sense and the laws of physics, to me it has more felt recoil but less muzzle flip than either of the others. (Maybe the polymer frames do actually absorb some recoil as advertised.)

The sights on all 3 are well regulated for WWB 230 Gr. All shoot to about the same point of aim and all are accurate.

Conclusion: I like them all.
Recommendation: Buy at least one of every model Ruger makes. They are all great! :D

Signed,
A hopeless and desparate P-Series Junkie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
The P90 is one of the BEST 45 acp's out of the box. Please Don't let the 1911 fans hear me say that, Wait I am a 1911 fan. LOL It will feed EVERYTHING and shoots straight as an arrow. I don't like the feel of the P97. The 345 is the BEST grip I have ever felt, even better than the CZ's. But all in all I would say the P90 is the best. You did not say the best carry>
Charles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by ghostrider_23

The P90 is one of the BEST 45 acp's out of the box. Please Don't let the 1911 fans hear me say that, Wait I am a 1911 fan. LOL It will feed EVERYTHING and shoots straight as an arrow. I don't like the feel of the P97. The 345 is the BEST grip I have ever felt, even better than the CZ's. But all in all I would say the P90 is the best. You did not say the best carry>
Charles
I have to vote for the 345 if we're talking best carry.
Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Between my P345 and my P97 I'm partial to the trigger feel and lack of PC safety features of the P97. I am thinking about a P90 just to round out the family of Ruger 45's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by cavediver

Between my P345 and my P97 I'm partial to the trigger feel and lack of PC safety features of the P97. I am thinking about a P90 just to round out the family of Ruger 45's.
Great minds must think alike! I need 3 .45's like I need a hole in the head, but they sure are fun to shoot.
Tom
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top