Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a P90DC mag latch and cannot find the part anywhere after a lengthy search. I have tried Ruger/ Brownell's, Midway, eBay, etc. but no luck. Any other advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Have you called Ruger? They may still have some in stock. Is the catch on a P90 different than the other P series?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Ebay can sometimes be your friend...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is a stretch. But if there is anyone who has this pistol can you provide me the dimensions (millimeters) of your magazine latch? I need the following:
Overall width
Overall length
Overall thickness
In addition if you can provide me with the inside measurement between the two small tabs that hold the magazine in the handle with the magazine inserted.

The measurements will get me close so i can gunsmith the part needed.
Much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I need a P90DC mag latch and cannot find the part anywhere after a lengthy search. I have tried Ruger/ Brownell's, Midway, eBay, etc. but no luck. Any other advise would be appreciated.
have you tried gun broker?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It's a shame, Ruger made 10's of thousands of P-series pistols but now we struggle to find parts........probably the most durable autos ever made, I have a P94 9mm and can't even find a recoil spring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's a shame, Ruger made 10's of thousands of P-series pistols but now we struggle to find parts........probably the most durable autos ever made, I have a P94 9mm and can't even find a recoil spring.
More than 2 million made IIRC. The recoil springs are intended to last the intended service life [20k] of the pistols. Only problem is most of these guns will still be running long after that many rounds. Is yours a captive unit? Or just the older style guide rod/single spring setup?

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Ruger service to the rescue again!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ruger sent me THREE of the mag-release springs for my ailing P90DC (which had a broken one)....

They're made of unobtanium out in the real world!

God bless them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts