Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but here goes. Does anyone know if you can use the mags from a P94 in a P91? I have a P91 and I'm looking for some extra mags for it, and all I can't find are the 10 round ones, and factory for it was 11, and that is what my two mags are right now. If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge.

Also, does anyone have any updates on the SR series? And thoughts on how they stack up against the Shield and some of the other compacts?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
P-series magazines of the same caliber should interchange. So a .40 Cal P94 (the P944) can use the P91 mags.

The only exception that I know of is the early P85/P89 magazines have a different shape latch hole than the later ones, so the correct type is required.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ruger didn't bother to go back to 11 rounds after the Clinton ban expired.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
All P91 and P944 magazines are interchangeable, the early P91 mags had a plain aluminum floor plate with no Ruger emblem on it. All 10 and 11 round mags are identical except the 10 round mags that were introduced in 1994 to comply with the Clinton weapons law had a slight crease lengthwise on both sides that keeps it from holding the eleventh round. The weapons ban expired in 2004, but like previously stated Ruger chose to stay with the 10 round mag until production ended in 2010, most likely to avoid the hassle of the 11 round mags still being illegal in some states.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info, guys. I was pretty sure they would interchange, but wanted a few other opinions on it. FYI, I put a Wolff XP spring in my original P91 mags, and I can only get 10 rounds in it, right now. Guess the spring needs to compress a bit. Couldn't even get the mag to seat. Also, on Pro Mag you can find the 11-rounders for the P94. Mec-Gar doesn't have them. They only had .22 and 9mm on Mec-Gar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts