Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get a P93 DAO and found a nice, like new one, on an online auction.
Gun, couple mags, case, and book. From a reputable dealer, with all positive feedback. Claimed unfired.
I quit bidding at $325 which did not include $40 shipping, sales tax, and 4% cc fee. Or LGS transfer costs.
A flurry of last-minute bidding drove the price to over $500 + above additions, making it over $600 to me.
Am I completely out of touch with the raising prices of the P series guns, or is this the going price now?
Big P series fan, but this seemed like a lot to me? What say ye P Series guys? :oops:

· Registered
3,780 Posts
Well, I personally, would never want the DAO model, but seeing as how it is the rarest in terms of actually numbers made, and the P93 is pretty uncommon itself, I can see it going that high. You never know on an auction site, you get two folks that really want it.

· Registered
15,924 Posts
I was looking to get a P93 DAO and found a nice, like new one, on an online auction.
Gun, couple mags, case, and book. From a reputable dealer, with all positive feedback. Claimed unfired.
I quit bidding at $325 which did not include $40 shipping, sales tax, and 4% cc fee. Or LGS transfer costs.
A flurry of last-minute bidding drove the price to over $500 + above additions, making it over $600 to me.
Am I completely out of touch with the raising prices of the P series guns, or is this the going price now?
Big P series fan, but this seemed like a lot to me? What say ye P Series guys? :oops:
As @gunman42782 said, the P93 in any form is pretty hard to come by. I would not want the DAO model either but that's just me. I think the price is way off the mark but that's due to the gun purchasing climate we are living in.

· Registered
200 Posts
About 2 weeks ago Armslist had ads in a town about 75 miles from here by a guy who was selling a P85 and a P93DC. He was asking $400 each. The ad only lasted about 2 days. On the other hand, there's a P89 at a local shop priced the same that's been sitting there for 2 weeks.
We also have a gun shop that considers itself a "tactical" shop. They aren't interested in taking P series pistols in on trade. Too old school for them, but they've never seen a Glock that they didn't like.
If you find the right buyer, someone who appreciates what the P series is, prices can go up for that hard to find model. I'm glad the tactical guys aren't interested. They could drive prices even higher.

· "The Real Deal"
10,674 Posts
I'm with others here. The prices are climbing since their are no more being made, and have been out of production for some time, just like other firearms. I'm not much on the DAO, however love the P series. Think I paid $500 for my p93dc many moons ago, nib unfired but out of production. The highest priced ones are the rarest ones with lower production numbers.

Reactions: Pseriesguy

· Registered
575 Posts
The P93 is an excellent gun. I've literally never heard anything whatsoever negative about them, both generally and regarding a specific gun. In today's climate, the price the OP paid isn't too exorbitant, and you got a quality gun that you specifically wanted.

Another way to view would be to examine what you would have had to pay for a contemporary gun BNIB; I think you did just fine.

Years ago, pre-pandemic, you might have been able to get it for less (even then, if you could have found one, and one in the condition you describe), but that's not the perspective to apply. We aren't there anymore, and you got what you wanted. Enjoy the win, and the P93.

Best, Jon

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The P93 is an excellent gun. I've literally never heard anything whatsoever negative about them, both generally and regarding a specific gun. In today's climate, the price the OP paid isn't too exorbitant, and you got a quality gun that you specifically wanted.

Another way to view would be to examine what you would have had to pay for a contemporary gun BNIB; I think you did just fine.

Years ago, pre-pandemic, you might have been able to get it for less (even then, if you could have found one, and one in the condition you describe), but that's not the perspective to apply. We aren't there anymore, and you got what you wanted. Enjoy the win, and the P93.

Best, Jon
Sorry for the confusion, I did not win the item, I quit bidding at $325 which with FFL, shipping and sales tax put it at a little over $500 to me. The winning bid was $515 with above costs would put it over $600. I've been watching Gun Broker and it looks like a like new condition, P series is going around this cost, except the 95 which seem to be going cheaper. Maybe because they made more of them than the 93.
It may be possible to go back and look at this item after the sale by putting item number in search box. If so the item number was 954691633.
As others here have mentioned, they do seem to be gaining in price in the last couple of years.
Anyway, thanks to all who responded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts