Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I have a P95, which I bought new and which has had thousands of rounds through it. I've owned it for years and it's proven to be highly reliable and pretty accurate. I also have a P94 in .40 which was an LE trade-in. It's also been excellent.

Over the years, I got sidetracked into striker fired pistols for awhile and the P94 and P95 got pushed to the bottom of the gun safe. Recently, however, my interest in traditional double-action/single--action pistols was renewed after I watched some instructional videos by Ernest Langdon. I dug the old pieces out of the safe, cleaned them up a bit and ran down to the range...thoroughly enjoyed wringing them out again and they did very well.

They're both doing so well that my concern is probably kind of silly, but I know that sooner or later, I'll have to replace the recoil spring and guide assemblies in the pistols and maybe some other parts as well. I spoke with Ruger customer service today and was not really surprised to learn that they do not have any caches of such parts for those guns. Neither did Brownell's or Midway. Numrich carries some parts, but not the recoil spring and guide assemblies

I'm going to continue to shoot these old fossils. I wonder if anyone else is doing the same thing AND if anyone has found a source for the recoil spring and guide assemblies and other parts.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well they may not have the parts to sell and send you, but they may be able to repair the pistols when sent in.
Recoil springs and guide rods for P 95's and some others are very, very hard to find if at all.
About 2 years ago my P 93 ejector would not function properly.
Ruger said to send it in, which I did, and they replaced the ejector.
So even though they may not have parts to sell, they may be able to repair.
The P series still are very fine weapons.
I have a P 89, P90, P93 , and the P 95. All still working fine.
Enjoy and shoot often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys! Both very helpful.

I like shooting both the P94 and the P95...won't be giving that up anytime soon...

Your suggestions will help keep them running...

·
Registered
109 Posts
It looks like gun parts corp (Numrich) has complete P94 and P95 recoil spring/rod assemblies. The P95 ones are $30 a pop, while the P94s are much cheaper. They're currently taking but not processing orders, due to the ongoing zombie apocalypse, so it may take some time to get them, but you can still place an order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, G Scott, thanks for the heads up! I completely missed the P95 camblock/recoil spring assembly when I looked before on the Numrich site. The P94 is a different problem, though...the recoil springs and guides shown on the P94 sections are for the 9mm version...the .40 is a captured spring assembly which they are out of stock on.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'd grab that P95 camblock/recoil spring assembly real soon. I was looking for the recoil springs for a P95 a couple of years ago and neither Ruger, Wolff or anyone else had them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey, G Scott, thanks for the heads up! I completely missed the P95 camblock/recoil spring assembly when I looked before on the Numrich site. The P94 is a different problem, though...the recoil springs and guides shown on the P94 sections are for the 9mm version...the .40 is a captured spring assembly which they are out of stock on.

Thanks for your help!
Drat! Sorry about the P94 parts. I got them mixed up. Hopefully you can still grab one of the P95 assemblies, though.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ebay and gun broker have used parts kits on a regular basis.
I bought some loose parts from ebay a few years ago., and I have some duplicates. I have P944 recoil springs
send me a PM and I'll sell them to you if you need.
I will never shoot eneough to use them.

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Numrich has the P95 parts you were looking for......
order them while they are still in stock.
They sell out fast.

·
Registered
172 Posts
thanks for the info guys. I have a P95DC and I will order a parts kit for future,,,:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts