Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just purchased my first Ruger, a P94 DA. I haven't been able to shoot with it yet. My question, in trying to find as much information as I can. Ruger web lists this designation as a 9mm, with a
P944 in 40 S&W. The receipt I have lists it as a P94 DA 40 S&W, the slide says P94. I am soooo confused. Can anyone clear the fog and tell me what I have. I got it for 299.

·
Registered
63 Posts
p94 is for mid size pistol
da is for double action
p944 last 4 is for .40 S&W
you have a p944da is what it catolog as.
if it was a 9mm it would catolog as a p94da
just no extra 4 on slide .
they are same family would be noted on sticker or box if it came with it.i not the best with semi autos.
hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I appreciate you help, what I am needing to clarify is caliber is a 40 S&W like my receipt says or is a 9mm like the website designates as. I am not sure if the slide will actually say p944 or just p94. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Howdy! Welcome to the forum-in the New Members section, tell us all about you, your family-your guns, etc.-we'll all welcome you there...but as to your question-look at the barrel by the ejection port where the cases come out-it may be stamped on that-second, believe the slide, third, try to drop a 9mm bullet down the barrel-if it goes-you have a .40-catalog can be confusing!!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
If you look at the chamber, it will have the caliber stamped on it... Here is my 9mm... notice the 9mm X 19 on the chamber?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey, RNettles-can the KP95 be had with the stippling but no rail-or did they come at the same time? I love that stippled frame look....

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
They all(New Model P95) have the rail, curved trigger guard and stipple... As a sidenote, The rail hasn't caused a problem for me, as I haven't been able to afford the devices to put on it... But I plan on having it for sometime and wanted the option later.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I have a KP944D (Stainless Decocker) and it is a 40 S&W. The left side of the slide says P94. I also have a KP94 (Stainless Safety Model) that is a 9mm. That slide also says P94. As RNettles explained, the actual caliber will be engraved on the barrel in the ejection port on the right side of the gun. I guess Ruger chose to use the same model designation on the slide to save money.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just picked the P94 in 40 cal its marked P94 but box has P 944 It was very dirty when I bought it and was the grimiest gun I had shot real good though.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Ok I just purchased my first Ruger, a P94 DA. I haven't been able to shoot with it yet. My question, in trying to find as much information as I can. Ruger web lists this designation as a 9mm, with a
P944 in 40 S&W. The receipt I have lists it as a P94 DA 40 S&W, the slide says P94. I am soooo confused. Can anyone clear the fog and tell me what I have. I got it for 299.
I have (2) P-94's in 40 S&W ... one is DAO and the other is not. They are both stamped 40 S&W ... however when you do the research based on serial numbers they are indeed P-944's. There have been a few threads started on this (one by me) that got a pretty good explanation ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts