Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did i buy an 450.00 baby rattle? it doesnt rattle when the hammer is down put the first hundred rounds through it today and noticed the slide has a lot of play...and i scrached the frame anything to do to fix it ruger says they cant refinish the frame?

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
My KP944D has some play, but it doesn't rattle. When they do, it is often the magazine instead of the slide/frame fit.

If the scratch isn't too bad, I've had pretty good luck covering them with a permanent marker. It shows, but not as bad as a bright new scratch. Otherwise, your options are probably Duracoat or a similar process.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Guns that rattle pi** me off. Had a Sig 239 that was so bad, if you just squeezed it tight after you'd had too much caffeine, it sounded like a teacup on a saucer during an earthquake. Reliable, and accurate as all get out, but I ended up using it for trading fodder on a .357 Redhawk that I couldn't lat slip by. Funny thing is, because I bought the Sig before a big price jump, I had it over a year and got within $30 of what I paid for it new on the trade. I love happy endings.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the mag catch rattles with or without, and the slide rattles bad when cocked and not so bad with the hammer down...ive tryed with and with out mags same sound but the slide is side to side and front to back ....i thought it was the bbl not locked up so i took it apart and put back together same thing

·
Registered
78 Posts
For the mag catch id asume it to be the leaf spring that holds the release latch fwd on the clip well. Or maybee there would be some wear on the frame alowing it to josle. I too noticed the side to side slide movement without a clip loaded. When I started to use gun grease rather than gun lube the issue subsided. I can still feel a slight movement to the slide but I always atributed it with the design of the pistol. I'd imagine they would not want a tight flush fit from a steel slide on an aluminum frame. If I have a loaded clip though I do not have that issue, the pressure of the round on the bottom of the slide keeps it from rocking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THE GUN HAS LESS THAN 300 ROUNDS THROUGH IT....IM GOING TO TRY SOME GREASE AND SEE IF IT HELPS THANKS

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my p90 been a little loose from day one and still 100%. My 1911 rattles more. in fact, if a 1911 doesn't rattle, i think something is wrong with it as it is too tight for reliable function.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I purchased a used P944.
I had called Ruger to have them send me a manual and for the exact date of my guns manufacture. While I had the rep on the phone I mentioned the slide on the gun rattled. "Oh yeah you can expect that, it's common for these and nothing to worry about. It does not affect the gun." Is what I was told.
I haven't had any problems with my P944. I hardly notice the rattle any more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My p97 rattles when cocked, doesn't when not cocked. Alittle annoying, but works great and looks like new.
I doubt if there is anything they can do about it. Still accurate enough for a self defense weapon.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Loose guns, loose women....what can I say? Ain't all bad....long as she shoots straight and ...you get the point?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts