Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a trigger from a P94 fit in a P89? I've seen the work someone did with a P95 trigger on a P89. Was curious if the P94 trigger might be easier.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will a trigger from a P94 fit in a P89? I've seen the work someone did with a P95 trigger on a P89. Was curious if the P94 trigger might be easier.
Any help here??

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's been done; welder wrote on another forum (P94/P89 trigger swap pics added):
"Just finished putting a P949mm trigger in my P89. Wow, what a difference. I picked up the P94 trigger on Gunbroker for $14 while I was looking for a P95 trigger for the swap. None were offered so I thought I'd roll the dice and try the 94.
The P94 trigger has the same finger curve as the P95 but considerably more metal, although the link grove is already there on the 94. About an hour and a half, a couple files and some polishing afterwards and it's a go...."

welder's photo:
"Stock P94 trigger on left, on right after a bit of hand machining."

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been done; welder wrote on another forum (P94/P89 trigger swap pics added):
"Just finished putting a P949mm trigger in my P89. Wow, what a difference. I picked up the P94 trigger on Gunbroker for $14 while I was looking for a P95 trigger for the swap. None were offered so I thought I'd roll the dice and try the 94.
The P94 trigger has the same finger curve as the P95 but considerably more metal, although the link grove is already there on the 94. About an hour and a half, a couple files and some polishing afterwards and it's a go...."

welder's photo:
"Stock P94 trigger on left, on right after a bit of hand machining."

Regards,
Greg
Thanks,
I that's the info I was looking for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics, I lost them on my old computer. It took a bit of metal work but not hard at all. The picture shows the before and after, I took the trigger out of my P94 to show the difference. Made my P89 fit my hand better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts