Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking over many choices I think my next will be a P95 Stainless in 9MM. Owned plenty of others H&k, Sig, Etc. but this will be my first Ruger center fired. The only other Rugers were a Security Six 357 (That was a great revolver) & a GP100. With me reliability always comes first with looks second. So I would like to hear from P95 owners on the reliability issue. Your input would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
P95

After looking over many choices I think my next will be a P95 Stainless in 9MM. Owned plenty of others H&k, Sig, Etc. but this will be my first Ruger center fired. The only other Rugers were a Security Six 357 (That was a great revolver) & a GP100. With me reliability always comes first with looks second. So I would like to hear from P95 owners on the reliability issue. Your input would be appreciated.:)
I owned one a couple years ago and shot the heck out of it. They keep runnin'and runnin' and won't quit. Totally reliable, accurate, decent trigger, and for $350 +- are you kidding ?? Gave it to my son and he loves it:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I owned one a couple years ago and shot the heck out of it. They keep runnin'and runnin' and won't quit. Totally reliable, accurate, decent trigger, and for $350 +- are you kidding ?? Gave it to my son and he loves it:D
Boy, That was fast, appreciate the input. The only other one that I can say is worthy in this price range is a Sigpro SP 2022 which I have and is also very reliable.

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,359 Posts
AK107 ... While the P95 is not a target pistol by any stretch of the imagination, it is a very well built and durable firearm that will eat anything that you feed it and will consistently shoot sub 2" (5 shot off hand) groups in the 7 - 10 yard range as long as you do your part. Mine now has over 12,500 rounds down range without a single failure ever (only pistol that I've ever had that I can say that about). It is an excellent gun for the money IMHO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Following this thread with great interest. I checked out a couple new P95's yesterday and really like the ergo and weight distribution on it. Certainly one in my future. Everything I have read on the 95 is positive. Sounds like a great, dependable choice, especially for the price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have two P95's and my GF has one as well, I love those things. It's a fact that they do get a better trigger feel with time. Don't shy away from a cheapie that has some holster wear. I got my last two for $200 each one had Kydex scratches and one was minty fresh without a mark. Both work awesome and just need some break in time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have owned my P95 for about 6 months now. I love the thing and will fire anything I put through it. For the price, the reliability is outstanding. I live in south Mississippi and had some oxidation issues due to the humidity in the beginning, but with you living in New England, I don't think that would be any issue. It just took a little more love and care with the stainless slide. You will definitely love it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
To me all Ruger P series pistols are tanks. Good sights, reliable, inexpensive. I bought a brand new P95 last year and traded it for a Dan Wesson .357. Dumb move. I wanted to get another one then Ruger got so back up with orders the P95 was nearly impossible to find. I found one in great condition at a pawn shop the other day. I snatched it up. The P95 is about as good, and affordable semi-auto 9mm you'll find.

·
Registered
90 Posts
P95 ammo

I have owned one for about a year and I think it is a great gun. Shoots well, its inexpensive, easy to clean and I put a laser on the rail and it makes for a very accurate weapon. Get one you won't regret it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've had my p95 for about four years now, it did required a return to Ruger to get several bugs out. Since then it's worked just fine, more then decent accuracy and eats about any and all ammo it has been fed.:cool:
Would I buy another..................yup, even with the early troubles (that Ruger fix for free) it's been a fun gun to shoot.:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How does the P95 compare to the P85 as far as the frame is concerned. I seem to recall picking up a P85 when they came out and chose something different because the frames handgrip was so large & chunky even for my hands which are fairly large. Is the P95about the same?

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Have one as my monthly practice gun. Works great, reliable to a fault, tough as nails, very affordable....typical Ruger!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have owned many guns but always end up with the Glock !
I have had a Glock 17 & 19 and thought they were superb guns. I almost considered getting another but doing research it seems the gen 4s and some of the late gen 3s are having a lot of issues with extractors, failures to feed, etc. Never thought I would see the day when Glock would have QC problems. Yes, anyone can get an occasional lemon of any maker (I once had a new Berretas rear site fly off of the gun on the first shot) but there are a lot of posts out there saying QC is a big issue with Glock now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.