Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this when cleaning my P95 after a range visit. This is not a scratch, it is a crack. Right now it is just on the surface but it does have some depth. Any one else experience this? Something to be worried about? Should I contact Ruger immediately or see if it grows with continued shooting? Nothing but factory loaded standard pressure ammo has ever been fired thru this gun. Thanks in advance for some advice.

photo (8).jpg

photo (10).jpg

Be Safe

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
That's not a crack. That's the alignment mark for disassembly. There should be another similar mark on the frame.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm not sure what it is...

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
It is indeed the alignment mark for disassembly as Kingpins9 has stated. Refer to page 23 of your manual for additional details

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Noticed this when cleaning my P95 after a range visit. This is not a scratch, it is a crack. Right now it is just on the surface but it does have some depth. Any one else experience this? Something to be worried about? Should I contact Ruger immediately or see if it grows with continued shooting? Nothing but factory loaded standard pressure ammo has ever been fired thru this gun. Thanks in advance for some advice.

View attachment 4708

View attachment 4709

Be Safe[/QUOTE

P345 has same alignment mark

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
It's the takedown alignment mark.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
lol...I had to look at some pics I had on my phone of mine just to make sure :) That is definitely the alignment mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After careful inspection of my gun, I now feel like a complete idiot.:eek:

Thank you for all the responses. I feel better.

Be Safe

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts

Be Safe
QH ... No Worries ... All of us have had that momentary sense of impending embarrassment at one time or another :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
The advantage to forums like this is that you can ask "dumb" questions that are not dumb. If you don't know the answer it is a good question. There are lots of members here who want to help.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Be Safe
Get in the back of the line with the rest of us!:D
Have you made the mistake of not pushing down the ejector yet??:eek:

* don't ask why I know........................ and I actually read the owners manual first!;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
not to be THAT guy.......................but regardless of how many guns you have.......ALWAYS read each manual front to back with EACH new purchase. LOL

(p.s. while handling the same pistol at my local shop i asked what the crack was for. guy laughed at me and told me what it was )

·
Registered
30 Posts
This could happen to anyone. Don't feel like a idiot, if you don't ask these questions you'll never know the answer. I believe all of the Ruger P series have the same marks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Really good group [participation on this one fellows and I totally agree with the comment about the P95 being built like a tank

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Get in the back of the line with the rest of us!:D
Have you made the mistake of not pushing down the ejector yet??:eek:

* don't ask why I know........................ and I actually read the owners manual first!;)
If it were not for these forums...I would have done that the first time I cleaned the gun. Thankfully, I was able to absorb the "experience" of others and now also check the ejector twice before putting the slide back on :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i've had my P95 for 15 years over 20k rounds through it never any problems they are great guns. i've shot everything in mine completely flawless. i totally agree the P95 is a TANK!! my beleif it is one of the best semi-autos Ruger has made.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Love, love, love my P-95's. Have an old style sans accessory rail and a brand new stainless model. Never had a problem with either one. In my opinion, the best value and most utilitarian 9 mil on the market. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts