Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ive had this thing for two years and finally got down to doing a full disassemble and reassemble of the firearm...everything went great...took everything out except the ejector assembly cuz as far as i can tell there is no reason to ever take it out...now before i did the do here, the trigger was HEAVY, and on sa there was probably a 2-3mm break prior to the actual break which drop the hammer...it felt gritty and when you pulled back on that first little 3mm break you could pull back on the hammer a bit and you would hear a small click almost as if there was small gash in the sear...now after i got it all reassembled after the detail strip, the little 2-3mm false break went away :D and the da seems to have lost maybe 4-5 pounds:D....now if i didnt think this was weird i would be ecstatic because now it has a truly wonderful trigger on both sa and da...everything operates perfect; safety, the ejector, the cocking and loading and just to test the pin (how hard it hits) i stuck a pencil (eraser down) down the barrel and squeezed off a couple times and the pencil still flies out about the same distance so everything appears to be perfect except for the magical trigger fix...again i wouldnt even have made this post if i didnt think it was {Violation of TOS} weird:confused::confused::confused:...thx for any info you guys can give me....maybe iowegan can lend a couple cents...lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am supposing that there was a bit of a burr or some such in the trigger action and that it was dislodging during your detailed take down.

When I buy a new Ruger I always do a field strip and look for burrs and filings and lightly polish out some of the rough contact points.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive thought the same thing but that just doesnt account for the trigger lightening up so much...i mean its gone from the heavy p95 trigger to like a really smooth da revolver trigger and nothing was changed..like i installed a lighter spring...ive been dry firing it tho for about a hour and it seems to be in perfect working order...i guess a trip to the range is in order this weekend...i hope it was a bur that was causing the pull to feel gritty...just the lightness still confuses me...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and as i stated this wasnt a field strip this was a complete frame disassemble...i didnt notice any shavings or little pieces on the clean work bench so idk...maybe someone will pop up with a similar story and a reason...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i honestly wish i could get a couple p95 owners together and have them feel this trigger, its unbelievably smooth and the lightness seems like the perfect balance between not too light so as to make it dangerous but just heavy enough to get a clean pull...

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you figure out how you did this and at some point can explain how others can achieve the same results they'll probably turn that post into a stickey.:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im guessing there was some grit on the triggar bar and a burr in the sear...maybe a little binding in the hammer spring idk..ive been forum hopping and ive seen a few posts about people getting similar results after detail cleaning their 1911 style firearms...so im just going to chalk it up to 3000 rounds and just got its first real cleaning...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and btw, the trigger reset moved back probably between a 8th and a qtr of a inch probably 2-4 mm from the break point...everything changed for the better after the strip...so i advise everyone to do it sooner than later if something just doesnt feel right!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts