Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the P95 out to Garland Outdoor Range today. My first time shooting a pistol. I was a bit nervous at first but after the first shot I was HOOKED! My dad and my son were giving me hell before the first shot. They both said the only way I was going to hit a target was to aim at the top target and get lucky and hit one of the bottom targets. (is it illegal to pistol whip your parent?) J/K After the second shot he just said wow. We were shooting at 15yd targets.

The gun jammed twice with CCi Blazer ammo, but only when my son was shooting. I'm thinking maybe it was because of a loose grip. I don't think I'll use that ammo again. It didn't jam when I was shooting, so my assumption would be the loose grip. I just ordered 1000 of Wolf MC 115gr FMJ. We'll see what happens the next time we go out.

All in all I like the feel of this gun. I'm glad I went with a 9mm rather than a .45.

One more thing, what would be the cause of the slide not locking after the last round? Happened a few times while shooting the Blazer ammo.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Could be ammo or weak mag springs for no lock back.. try different ammo first

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Make sure the mag is popped into place when you insert it. Sometimes guys will just push until it clicks, but you need to give it a good firm jab. Glad you like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue with Blazer....almost the same scenrio except it would jam on my wife, but not with me. We stopped using it and havent had a single jam since...we have a p89...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I bought some aftermarket MecgAr mags for mine. The Ruger mags were kind of difficult to load - not really the spring - but the rounds seem to move too much in mine. In order to get 100% out of mine - this is the ONLY gun I have that I need to use the magloader with (on the stock mags).

I bought MecGar (the ONLY aftermarket mag worth having - as they actually make mags for many gun brands) 17 rounders. Tried them out THur. Worked perfectly. That's all I'm buying for my P95 from now on.

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
Glad you like your new P95. I didn't originally buy mine for carry, but lately it just seems to show up in my holster everyday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts