Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
When you get ready to upgrade, I used several different holsters and I read on another board where some had used the Milt Sparks VM2 IWB holster, and how much they like it. I ordered one and it is the most comfortable holster I've ever had. I like it so much I have ordered another one for a different gun. They are custom made and custom fit to your gun, so other guns won't work unless they are identical. They are about 26 weeks behind on orders so that tells you how well people like them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
...or that they take liquid lunches and like afternoon golf...I liked those custom holsters you posted awhile back-was that the Sparks....couldn't see it very well past that flashy BBQ gun!!![}:)]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just took delivery on a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB for use with my P95DPR. It's a hybrid leather & kydex with fore and aft clips that are independently adjustable for depth. It makes for a very stable platform, with easy reholstering. Not sure what I think about the "new improved" clips yet, they might be less visible on a black belt but I typically use a kahki colored instructors belt from Wilderness Tactical so they stand out if I'm wearing "tucked". I may end up getting some of the CTAC "C" clips ...

When wearing with shirt tucked, the wife said the 3:30 beltline bulge was more noticable than the area above the beltline. When untucked, she said it was pretty much invisible. When delivered & still flat, retension was reasonably good. You could hold it upside down & shake it gently without the gun falling out. After wearing it half a day, it loosened up a bit. Instructions were included on adjusting the kydex for a firmer or looser grip.

Nick

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about Shoulder holsters? Any recommendatios? I have been surfing the web and not quite sure which way to go.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bianchi has a nice selection of Stuff...
http://www.bianchi-intl.com

I have a cross draw horizontal shoulder holster system for my Full House 1911 LaserAim 45... I'm a Big Guy and I have a hard time keeping it from showing through a Jacket... I don't like it... To much BS to rig up...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Only shoulder holster I ever enjoyed wearing was a Safariland upside down for a revolver-one for Chief M60, one for M19 2 1/2"...it kept the gun in with elastic band...hung close-auto holsters either let the butt flop out or the horizontal ones were too long through the body-and I'm barrel-chested...I'd like to find one that lay close and was comfortable....for my 90 and 95....I'd rather not have a thumb break...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think it's great if you are comfortable with your Ruger iwb, but the only one I can do it with is my SP101. I prefer a paddle or pancake holster for ccw. I am kinda big/tall and can pull it off with an untucked shirt.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm real active and on my back and belly all day plumbing and electrical-high reaching with paint/carpentry...I'd be showing my stuff all day...IWB with the grip right at or behind my belt buckle and a long Tshirt is the only thing that works for me unless I'm wearing a jacket-and I can't work in one...my love handles work against me on the pancake or paddle, anyways...slim was I guy I useta know!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
sheepdog i hear ya , iam on the go all day myself , and have the same problems, either good or bad the company wont allow carry anymore to many complains from people i guess so off limits while servicing the customers, :( but i can carry it in my work van ,guess they dont want a van napping hahaha:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey everyone i just joined the forum today. I sometimes carry my P95 depending on my mood. If I do I put it in a KNJ IWB holster. It's a simple cheap little holster but it holds the P series quite well. Sometimes I put my P94 in it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! What are those holsters KP97DC?

·
Registered
62 Posts
nice lookin. thats a little too rich for my blood right now lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.