Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my old P95 to the range today and while shooting it, the white dot came out of the front sight. Well I've been wanting to install night sights on it anyways so nows the tim.

what night sights to buy?

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
If it's just for range use, in lieu of night sights you may want to consider adding a pair of Williams Fire Sights

·
Banned
650 Posts
I do not know what sights to buy. There are hundreds of different sights on the market. Why not narrow it down to the top 5 that fit your gun and budget? Meprolight night sights appear to be the best value. The original sights for the P95 cost more than the Meprolight night sights.

You can repair your sight for the time being. Go to Family dollar or dollar general to get some fingernail polish remover that says "100% acetone on the label. Use the fingernail polish remover to clean the area where the white dot fell out. Get some white Sally Hansen Hard as Nails fingernail polish. Put a drop of fingernail polish in the hole where the white dot fell out. Don't worry about missing the hole. You can clean up the mess and try again. I have a Kel Tec that the front sight is part of the slide. I am not spending any money on that pistol. I have been using the fingernail polish for around 5 years. I have only had to apply the fingernail polish twice. Only my night sights are brighter than the fingernail polish. I also use the same fingernail polish on rifle and pistol sights that are hard to see.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When my white dot disappeared---I went to Walmart and got a little bottle of white automotive touch up paint----I don't think I even paid $5 for it and that was like 2-3 years ago and the dot is still there.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
just hit with white nail polish ... that way if you want to change color it's easy to remove with nail polish remover ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts