Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the factory mags are not holing the bolt open, but i have a 20 round mec-gar mag, and it holds the bolt open. is it possible the factory mags are not strong enough? any input? thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
I've never had any problem with my 3 factory mags in the KP95. I would be calling Ruger for replacements.

·
Registered
191 Posts
New mags or a new slide stop. Try giving the plunger on the end of the slide stop thumbpiece a good cleaning. That's the most common cause of this malfunction. The odds of all three factory mags being defective is quite unlikely. But, slide stop plunger stiffness isn't uncommon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after looking at this problem more, it seems that the slide stop is not catching the magazine, it seems that the factory mags are not tight inside the gun. if i push the bottom of the mag up and pull the slide back, it holds open. it seems that the factory mags are not being held inside tight. any fix to this...i hope i explained myself good. thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Give Ruger service a call and see if they'll send you a different slide stop to try. The mags tend to be a little loose so they'll drop free, but the follower should still engage the slide stop sensor when the mag is empty. I'd try a new slide stop first. The sensor on the one you have may be bent up a little too much. You could always try bending the sensor down a little to get better contact.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Coffeepot, what part is the "slide stop sensor"? I have the same type of problem with my older 10-round magazines, and found that it is the depth of the tab on the plastic magazine follower. Is that the "sensor"?

·
Registered
191 Posts
quote:Originally posted by john parker

Coffeepot, what part is the "slide stop sensor"? I have the same type of problem with my older 10-round magazines, and found that it is the depth of the tab on the plastic magazine follower. Is that the "sensor"?
The 'sensor' is the arm on the slide stop that protrudes through the frame and is pushed up by the follower to lock into the notch in the lower edge of the slide thus keeping the slide locked back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts