Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used glow in the dark nail polish on their handgun sights?

My Ruger p95 has the white 3 dot, but are looking rather warn. I don't have a lot of money at the moment to purchase night sights and would like to try the nail polish first.

Is there one polish better than the other? I know there is a trillion different kinds. Just any input of anyone that has had success with a given brand. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
that's a clever idea. hadn't thought of that. not much of a nail polish expert, but i'll be curious to hear how that goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
night sights for P95

I've been looking for any white glo in the dark nail polish. I bought a Nebo tactical light that is awesome, but still can't find the sights. At 25 yds or more, I'd be dead by the time I found the sights. If I can't get my trigger sears smoothed, I'm not spending $100 on trijicons. I was looking for anyone that can offer advice on polishing the sears and lightening the pull down to about 4lbs. I may just replace both sights with some that are more narrow. Let me know if you find that glow polish.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I tried red nail polish and white nail polish but still did not work well IMHO. Looked at sight paint in Sportsman Warehouse but I did not try it. I bought Trujjicons on sale and never looked back. They are outstanding in the dark.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've had great success with Glow-On. I tested it on my S&W M&P 9fs.

Charge the glow-on with my flashlight (or even better a UV flashlight) and they glow nice and bright. Enough to get the job done in a HD situation. I've since applied the Glow-On product to the rest of my firearms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts