Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put 200 rounds through my P95 yesterday and it shot very well no problems. After disassembly and cleaning I put it back together and something is definitely not right.

I've done this dozens of times before, but will admit it has been awhile and was not paying close enough attention I guess.

The barrel and post both extend out about an inch and are not seating back in the gun. Any tips on how to fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just a suggestion, but I would guess the slide stop went in without the marks being lined up. Stuff happens, I once put my 1911 together and forgot the guide rod. Good luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm guessing that the slide stop pin missed the barrel link. Take it back apart and just make sure everything lines up when you put the slide stop pin back through. No big deal, I do things like that all the time if I rush through something.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,069 Posts
Also be sure the recoil rod assembly is centered Into the slide on the bottom of the barrel, before putting it on the lower, I have done that several times, it very easy to do.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
I'm going to say you did not have the extractor plate/pin pushed down when you put the slide back on ... I have done it myself ... you need to disengage it thru the mag well with a stiff piece of wire with a hook . ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P95

Appreciate the responses. I do not see anything to disengage up thru the mag well. Any more clues on this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
With the slide locked back, look down into the upper portion of the mag well.The ejector rod should be sticking out towards the front of the firearm as it sits just below the slide (at the rear, just beneath the "bolt" face.)

Before disassembly, you need to push down with a bit of a forward angle. It will tilt forward and down into the magwell. After reassembly, insert the magazine into the magwell and it will tilt the ejector back up and towards the rear.

Here is the instruction manual for the P95 Manual Safety model. Reference Page 22.

Here is the instruction manual for the P95DC model. Reference page 22.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Appreciate the responses. I do not see anything to disengage up thru the mag well. Any more clues on this?
I wish I had the correct verbiage ... when I made the same mistake a gun shop near my house showed me what go pull down on there is a hole in the extractor plate that you hook onto and pull down/forward

1 - 11 of 11 Posts