Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 3rd P series pistol in a 3 week span. Except this P95 is shooting to the left 2 inches, this was from a standing and rest position. SO the rear sights looks like it has a allen head screw on the left top side. Can someone please tell me how to adjust it and if its shooting to the left, which way does the rear sight need to be moved. My other 2 (P89 & P95) shoots almost dead in the black area. Thanks for all the replies and love my Ruger P series.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I don't have a P95 but here's what you probably have to do:

Loosen the allen head screw so that you can move the rear sight. You may need a nylon or brass punch to get it to move so plan ahead.

If your pistol is shooting to the left, move the rear sight to the right.

Retighten the set screw when you're done.

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,360 Posts
andyb ... You always move the rear sight in the direction that you want the group to go. Since it is currently grouping to the left, you want to move the rear sight to the right. In order to move the sight, you will need to loosen the allen screw and carefully tap it to the right using a non-marring punch and a hammer. This will work a lot easier if you are able to put the slide in a vise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.